IBS?

Lalocaweta
on 9/19/12 10:51 am - Spicewood, TX
(I apologize in advance - this is TMI, but need to ask on here!)
My PCP thinks my constant diarrhea is from IBS. It has gotten so bad that once I eat, I am in the bathroom w/in 20 minutes. He says that one of the signs of IBS is rapid and ineffective digestion of food.
I am on so MANY meds now that I am reluctant to take more if it is simply something I have to live w/ due to my RNY.
So, if anyone on here has been diagnosed w/ IBS - give me your input. HELL - give me your input regardless!

Anne

"Patriots always talk of dying for their country but never of killing for their country." - Bertrand Russell
(deactivated member)
on 9/22/12 8:02 pm
I have IBS, which I had before the sleeve. It was IBS with constipation as the main symptom though. I personally think it is another one of those illnesses that they don't know what causes it.......Have you tried adding fiber like "Miracle Fiber" from Vitamin Shoppe.  I took something that was suppose to help my intestines work better, but it never seemed to help me. I used "Prelief" when I was having pain which was my biggest problem with IBS. Funny, even with all the stress from my husband being in the hospital so much lately, I have not had a problem with IBS for a long time. I guess I traded one nightmare for another!
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 58 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 135 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 440 views