How to get back on track

Karen A.
on 7/1/13 11:15 am - Sugar Land, TX

I had my VSG surgery when I lived in Louisiana in 2007.  My starting weight was 316.  I got down to 199.  Then in 2009 we moved to Sugar Land, TX and I have gained back up to 300 pounds.  How can I get back on track and be able to tell if I have ruined myself?

Thanks,  Karen

Vivian Prouty
on 7/1/13 11:26 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Hi Karen,

First off....I'd call and make a appointment with a bariatric surgeon and have them look at your stomach through a florascope and see if your stomach is stretched out.    There is hope though.....if it is stretched you can get a revision and have it reduced again or you can get the DS done ( If you decide to do this...there is only 1 surgeon I would recommend for that and he is in Denton, Tx ).   Praying for you sweetie.    If it isn't stretched out....you can go back to basics like you did when you first had your VSG.   PLEASE keep us updated on what you find and I hope my suggestions help you.   Contact me anytime.    Good luck.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian 

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Saundra P.
on 7/2/13 1:57 am - Mesquite, TX
I agree with Vivian. See your doctor and go from there.

If you go back to basics my fitness pal is a great tool for tracking your food and exercise.

TX board is not very active but the few of us that still post is here for support.

Saundra

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Laura in Texas
on 7/3/13 10:46 pm

Eat less and move more. Track your food. Get active again on the VSG board. I also agree with Vivian to get checked out by a bariatric surgeon. Meeting with a nutritionist and a therapist would also be beneficial. The Davis Clinic is wonderful.

You have to forgive yourself and move on from here.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 44 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 118 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 428 views