Auto Augmentation & Tummy Tuck revision..

Carrie C.
on 8/27/13 1:38 am - Victoria, TX

I am looking for help my friends. I had a consult yesterday with a Plastic Surgeon that my WL physician suggested.

I have a lump in my breast that is non-cancerous at this time but painful. Being that I had Thyroid Cancer in 2004 my ob-gyn would like me to get this lump removed but in doing so I would then have no breast left. The Plastic Surgeon is recommending that I have the Auto Augmentation procedure done which would remove the lump and the excess skin under my armpit area where I have lost the weight. I would not have to have any implants, I would use my own skin to build up the breast mound.  Anyone have this procedure done or know anything about it that you could help me with?

Next...several years before I had my Gastric Bypass I had to have a panneculectomy done. This procedure was horrible! Now that I have lost my 100 lbs and have kept it off for 4 years 10mnths the plastic surgeon is recommending that I have the tummy tuck done both up and down as well as the side to side. This would eliminate alot of loose skin, previous scars and downsize the pubic area and waistline. It is a very complicated surgery it sounds like and I'm not sure about it.  Anyone have this type of procedures done???? Recommendation to have this done at same time as breast procedure????

It all sounds so very wonderful when he showed how it would look after this is all done, but WOW not sure that my body and I can handle all that????

I value and appreciate any input or suggestions that my fellow WLS friends may have.

Thank you,

Carrieheart

Karla Lewis
on 8/27/13 9:02 pm - Livingston, TX
I had self augmentation. It worked well, but I had plenty to work with. I had a circumferential lower body lift. That worked well also, but I have no experience with the up and down. It would be beneficial. I would consult with more than one surgeon and ask to talk to previous patients about their experience. The most expensive ones are not always the best.

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Laura in Texas
on 8/28/13 1:34 am

I had auto-augmentation in my butt, but not my breasts.

It does sound like you would be getting a lot of work done at one time. I know my surgeon does not like to keep his patients sedated over a certain amount of time. I had a lower body lift and breast lift at the same time. My surgeon worried he would not have enough time to do both. He did the LBL then the bl. When I woke up he told me he did not have enough time to make my breasts look "perfect" but he knew I was miserable with them looking like they did so he did his best in the time he had left (he is a perfectionist). I think they look great, but I do have a dog ear on one side. He will fix it when I get implants someday.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 43 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 118 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 427 views