Support groups in San Antonio

Jeffboutwell77
on 1/12/15 9:43 pm - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

Hi Y'All I am a little over 2 years Rouxen y surgery and I have recently moved to San Antonio, Tx. I went to a support group but learned that there were no other bariatric patients going to it. I would really like to get into another group that meets regularly. If anyone knows of such a group please leave the address or name of the institution where it is being held. I have lost 105 pounds to date and I want to keep it that way. Thanks all wishing everyone great success.

LIFE IS HARD, BUT GIVING UP HAS NO REWARDS!!!

Vivian Prouty
on 1/12/15 10:02 pm, edited 1/12/15 10:02 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Welcome Jeff.    I went to OH and here is what I've found for San Antonio ( sorry didn't have time to search all the list ).

Innova Hospital Support Groups (San Antonio, TX 78222) Group Leader: bmendozawithinnova 29 Members | Started on January 2, 2008

Sorry I don't have time to look through all the groups for Texas but here is the link to the list.    Your very wise to want to go to support group meetings.   I am a OH Support group leader but my group is in Fort Worth area.    Hope the list has some other choices of groups in the San Antonio area.   I know there is a need there for support.    I know of lots in Austin area.   Maybe you can find one at a nearby city.   If not...contact OH and see if you can become a support group leader....that's what I did.   Good luck to you and congrats on your successful weight loss.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Jeffboutwell77
on 1/12/15 10:57 pm - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

Vivian thanks for your reply I am already a member of that group but unfortunately they do not meet anymore. I was suppose to get email updates of reminders for the monthly meetings but they never came in. I suppose it is difficult to be a weight loss surgery patient here in the Alamo city everything is centered around eating out, and although obesity has declined some her there is still a lot of it in the city. perhaps I can find some eaters anon meetings. Thanks for your help though I appreciate it.

Vivian Prouty
on 1/13/15 8:59 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Jeff....you might want to contact some of the Bariatric Surgeon's there in SA and see if they have open support groups.   I know my niece had WLS at the hospital downtown ( can't remember name of surgeon and hospital but it's the tall one not far from river walk ). I know that they have support groups for their patients.    Now whether it is open to the public is another thing but who knows....It could be.   That is just a suggestion for you.   Good luck and hope you have luck with this idea.

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.

Jeffboutwell77
on 1/13/15 10:20 pm - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

Vivian they are usually closed to bariatric patients only, or those who have been approved by their doctors for surgery. I went to one and there was only me and another patient it was disappointing and they said they would notify me when the next meeting would take place but they never did. I think I will just give up and stay OH.com for support. it is the best for answers when felling helpless.

Vivian Prouty
on 1/14/15 9:46 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Jeff.....here is a thread link that I just found of 2 ladies from SA talking here and about their upcoming surgeries.    You might message them and see if they know of any open meetings in the area.     OH is a excellent source of information for support that is for sure.   Just stay aware that every surgeon's directions and requirements are different and what one surgeon tells their patients may not line up with what other surgeons want their patients to do.     http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/TX/5280309/Anyone-from-San-Antonio/#44331729

Don 1962
on 1/12/15 10:44 pm

Hey Jeff!

Been a while since somebody else with a prostate posted on this board!!

Speaking of prostates if you never have tried it here is a link to the OH Men's board:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/men/

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 24 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views