I am getting insurance and need advice on which insurance to get, what doctor to go to....

FatManTX832
on 8/15/18 10:35 am

Never had insurance. I am paying out of pocket for insurance because I finally made the decision to get WLS. I was hoping you friendly people would help me with the following:

1: What insurance to get? I thought Blue Cross was the best, then I did a little reading on this forum and it seems like they give a hard time. I haven't got coverage yet, I got it all lined up and want to know what company would make it easier.

2: What doctor? Is there someplace I can check and see how many deaths occurred during surgery? How many complications? How many happy people afterward?

3: Once I get insurance, I don't plan to mess around for a month or six. First appointment is to general pract. and then to WLS and considering my BMI is 55 I shouldn't have to wait 6 months. There has to be loop holes (bribes even?) where I can make it happen faster.

Dieting and etc wont work for me. It's surgery or death. I am 50 years old with a BMI over 50 and my life is getting hard. I've always been FAT but it never bothered me or my health. I was the bar bet. Huge 350+LB guy who can jog, work out, work 10 hours, party with the guys immediately after, etc. Then one day, **** hit the fan and I got old overnight. Can't work 6 hours, trouble walking & getting into car, taking a shower is an adventure, etc. I was always afraid of surgery because of death. Then I thought about it, you don't see to many 75 year old fat people. So, I made up my mind to do surgery.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hollykim
on 8/15/18 4:11 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 15, 2018 at 5:35 PM Pacific Time, FatManTX832 wrote:

Never had insurance. I am paying out of pocket for insurance because I finally made the decision to get WLS. I was hoping you friendly people would help me with the following:

1: What insurance to get? I thought Blue Cross was the best, then I did a little reading on this forum and it seems like they give a hard time. I haven't got coverage yet, I got it all lined up and want to know what company would make it easier.

2: What doctor? Is there someplace I can check and see how many deaths occurred during surgery? How many complications? How many happy people afterward?

3: Once I get insurance, I don't plan to mess around for a month or six. First appointment is to general pract. and then to WLS and considering my BMI is 55 I shouldn't have to wait 6 months. There has to be loop holes (bribes even?) where I can make it happen faster.

Dieting and etc wont work for me. It's surgery or death. I am 50 years old with a BMI over 50 and my life is getting hard. I've always been FAT but it never bothered me or my health. I was the bar bet. Huge 350+LB guy who can jog, work out, work 10 hours, party with the guys immediately after, etc. Then one day, **** hit the fan and I got old overnight. Can't work 6 hours, trouble walking & getting into car, taking a shower is an adventure, etc. I was always afraid of surgery because of death. Then I thought about it, you don't see to many 75 year old fat people. So, I made up my mind to do surgery.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I answered on your other pist too but see more info on this post.

if you are buying an individual policy, you need to call each company and ask if they cover WLS.

We have found on this board that many individual policies don't cover. Some policies on the exchange occasionally do but we haven't seen many.

Many in your situation go to Mexico or Brazil for surgery. I went to MX and had an excellent experience. The only group I recommend is Mexicali Bariatrics. They are the group that is going to give you the medical tourism experience you want.

Mid you do find a policy that covers WLS, they will likely still require a 6 month supervised diet because they can and they don't care about your life, just your premium each month. Insurance is a for profit business's

if you want a get it done next week, situation, going it is safe, cost effective and easy.to MX is your best bet.

FatManTX832
on 8/15/18 6:22 pm

Can't leave the country :( Federal Probation, got papers seized. Can't leave the state even (without advanced written permission). White collar, not dangerous (unless it's large amounts of cash, then I can't be trusted).

Feds took all my money. Literally all of it, even the money I earned legally. We're fighting it, odds are I'll get most of it back it'll just take 5 years.

Maddysonn
on 4/2/21 12:45 pm

I don't know, I think it's quite expensive...

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 24 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views