Recent Posts

hollykim
on 11/26/14 10:50 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Topic: RE: Self Pay Needing to go out of State....any advice?

if you are having a vsg,you are on the wrong forum. This is the VGB forum,totally different front the VSG. You can find the VSG forum under Forums in the blue border above.

J B
on 11/11/14 2:14 am
Topic: RE: Feeling down...

There are so many ups and downs in this process of getting surgery, and I've come here to post a number of times when I've felt stalled, or down or just out of sorts.  Things will most definitely improve when you move forward with your surgery.  Now that you're (likely) eligible for coverage under your insurance, you can start working on getting ready for surgery, which is also a long but fulfilling process. This time period waiting to know what you're going to do is definitely a challenge.  I hope that you'll get your OK now to move forward - once you've made this decision, everything starts to fall into place.  I think you'll be fine :-)

Gastric Sleeve on 14 July 2014.  Highest weight: 311, Pre-surgery weight 300, Current weight 210.

teddybear28_1998
on 11/10/14 5:12 am - Tulsa, OK
Topic: RE: If you've had the actual vertical banded gastroplasty....

Girl I hear you I had mine in 2002 and I throw up on a daily bases and had to have all my teeth pulled as well. I got sick of the dentist telling me I don't brush my teeth. I was like man I brush the 5 times a day and throw up 30.. I'm having my reversed. My band has slipped and my pouch is smaller then an ounce.. so I'm with you on that one...

teddybear28_1998
on 11/10/14 5:04 am - Tulsa, OK
Topic: RE: VBG band is now smaller?

Yep. I'm having my reversed. I can keep any food down. I'm sick of throwing up all the time...

teddybear28_1998
on 11/10/14 5:02 am - Tulsa, OK
Topic: RE: 13 yrs out VSG (staples, not sleeve) WITH Gastric Bypass

I had it in 2002. I'm waiting to have my reversed. My band has slipped and I can't keep solid food down. I've been throwing up on a daily bases for years. To the point it ruined my teeth. Had to have them all pulled.  I see the surgeon monday. Ugh not looking forward to it .. I'm having it all put back as before.. 

angela P.
on 11/7/14 9:34 am - miami, FL
Topic: RE: Fibromyalgia

Yes me , VERY BAD !!

LIza M.
on 10/9/14 11:15 am
Topic: Self Pay Needing to go out of State....any advice?

Hi everyone, I am planning on a VSG procedure and I will be self pay for the procedure due to insurance exclusion on WLS. I am trying to pick a surgeon...have limited myself to BLIS certified so I can obtain this complications insurance just in case. Sooo...I would appreciate any input from anyone who has self payed or has had to travel for their procedure. I'm trying to develop a list of questions to ask potential surgeons....there's so much info it's overwhelming. I live in CT and the self pay cost here is twice what it is in other regions. Right now I am considering Dr. Ryan Heider in North Carolina and also Dr. Wizman in Florida in the Ft Lauderdale area. Any and all help welcome...thanks! Elizabeth

Harleygirl2
on 9/24/14 1:24 am - Redlynch, Australia

Hi Awillis, sorry for the late reply. yep I did the same, it's called a Fistula in the staple line, I revised to RNY last year, mine has been disappointing big time. I had 4 strictures from 2 weeks out. It closed completely so I had 4 dilations and the last one overstretched me and I lost all restriction. 

I was to get a Fobi ring in last Thursday but the hospital cancelled it. I find out today whether I'll be able to still get it or not. Good luck, dumping helps a bit. But depends how bad your dumping is and how strong your addiction is to food. 

Let me know how you go. :)

Harleygirl2
on 9/23/14 6:56 am - Redlynch, Australia

Hi Awillis, sorry for the late reply. yep I did the same, it's called a Fistula in the staple line, I revised to RNY last year, mine has been disappointing big time. I had 4 strictures from 2 weeks out. It closed completely so I had 4 dilations and the last one overstretched me and I lost all restriction. 

I was to get a Fobi ring in last Thursday but the hospital cancelled it. I find out today whether I'll be able to still get it or not. Good luck, dumping helps a bit. But depends how bad your dumping is and how strong your addiction is to food. 

Let me know how you go. :)

Kinde
on 9/22/14 1:24 am
Topic: RE: Energy Level

Well this is just my experience...others seemed to have had more energy more quickly than me.  I am one week post-op and energy is a struggle.  However I had a hernia they had to repair and a reaction to anesthesia so take all of that into consideration.  Today however I am feeling more like myself starting the morning off with a 20 minute walk.  I think it is different for each person.  Don't sweat the pre-op the first two days are the toughest but then it gets easier. Good Luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4298 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8549 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8079 views