Recent Posts

sharon001
on 9/12/04 5:43 am - WI
Topic: RE: Ladies and Gents.........
Welcome to The Other Side Jenelle! Sounds like you are in good spirits. Let the journey begin... Sharon
sharon001
on 9/12/04 5:35 am - WI
Topic: RE: in on weds home on friday
Congratulations Lisa! Sounds like everything went smoothly for you during surgery. Heres to everything continuing to going smooth for you. WELCOME to the Other Side! Woo Hoo for YOU! Sharon
Natalee
on 9/11/04 2:20 pm - Edmond, OK
Lisa- Every surgeon is different, but I came home on a full liquid diet, meaning anything that is liquid at room temperature I could eat. That included pudding, jello, yogurt, cream soups, broth, thinned mashed potatoes....you get the picture. Let me tell you guys DO NOT EAT TOO FAST! Today I had to work overtime and I ate at my desk. I had a protein shake for breakfast 5am, and was so hungry by 10:45 I decided to eat. I ate too quick and ended up in the bathroom for 20 minutes losing my lunch "literally". I have only got sick one other time and it was for the same reason. I swore I wasn't going to eat too fast, but we are adjusting and sometimes you just get carried away and forget. Best of luck to both of you. Natalie -26.5 (Yes, I count every half I can get! )
GLORIA M.
on 9/11/04 1:56 pm - MISSOURI CITY, TX
WELCOME HOME!!!!! WELCOME TO THE LOSSING SIDE. I STAYED ON PUREED FOODS FOR 4 WEEKS. I LOSS 27 POUNDS IN 4 WEEKS. I ALWAYS FELT GOOD. KEEP THE GOOD WORK UP. GLORIA MOLAKE -83
Lisa S.
on 9/11/04 6:29 am - phila, PA
Congratulations Janelle, I think it's great that you came home so soon. What kind of diet did they send you home with? I had my surgury on Weds and came home on friday. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be eating/drinking because the hospital nurtionist told me they mainly deal with RNY so that was the only diet printout...so that is what I'm doing...liquids liquids and more liquids....I go to the doc on Tuesday so if that was wrong he can correct it quickly. How are you feeling? Did you have Laproscopic surgury? You came home quick so you must have done great. I have not gotten on the scale yet...i'm almost afraid.....but with only have liquids I should have lost something so i'm not worried about that part yet just feeling good right now. Take it easy and let me know how you are doing. Lisa
Jae117
on 9/11/04 4:30 am - Milwaukee, WI
Topic: Ladies and Gents.........
I am officially a loser..... I had my VBG and hernia repair on Tuesday and was home by 2 pm on Wednesday. I feel great and have even lost 5 lbs . Eating is going ok, not used to pureed food yet, but two weeks will go by quickly. Thanks to everyone for their support.
Lisa S.
on 9/11/04 12:23 am - phila, PA
I had it done laproscopic. From what everyone is telling me i am home fast anyway though. Can't wait to go to the doctor on Tuesday and get some details on what I should be doing at this point. They only had info on RNY at the hospital. Go figure!!!!
Natalee
on 9/10/04 1:23 pm - Edmond, OK
Wow, you got out quickly. Was your surgery open or laproscopic?I hope everything continues to go well for you.
GLORIA M.
on 9/10/04 11:54 am - MISSOURI CITY, TX
Topic: RE: After Vacation Committment
SHARON HOW IS EVERYTHING? MISSED YOU. I WENT ON A 10 DAY PLATEAU. EVERY ONE HELP ME OUT. IT WILL ALL BE OK. DID YOU WALK? WHAT ABOUT THE CARBS? I did slim fast it really works. I AM BACK ON THE LOSSING SIDE. WHAT DO LOL MEANS? GLORIA MOLAKE
Lisa S.
on 9/10/04 11:15 am - phila, PA
Topic: in on weds home on friday
well so far i've done great. very little pain i'm just on clear liquids right now. back to the doc on tuesday. i guess then they will tell me what I can add . i'll update as soon as I can. Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4298 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8549 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8079 views