I'm Here in NC! Dr Heider for a self pay patient

jthomp7889
on 5/9/11 11:21 am - Shrewsbury, MA
 Well, after many months I flew down Sunday and have met with my surgeon today and all his staff. What a great crew.  WLS is a exclusion from my insurance so I am one who got stuck paying for the procedure. Dr Heider has a lower BMI rate of $10k plus some other incidentals and can bill the Endoscopy to my insurance. I just wanted a US surgeon with zero disrespect to the MX patients. It's just me. I also grabbed the Bliscare because of my luck but at least I will have the piece of mind.

All is coming together and I will be sleeved Thursday morning... Thanks to everyone here for all your advice and support. The good and the bad. I am so much more educated than I ever was. This site changed my mind from the lapband to the sleeve...

Wish me luck!  
Jeff

mylastchance
on 5/9/11 11:31 am
Sounds like you have done all your homework and are ready to do this.  I am happy for you and will be looking forward to some updates at the end of the week.  Glad you found a Dr. you trust and remember to sip,  walk and rest and do it over and over............

Good luck and see you on the bench.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

anjelinaj
on 5/9/11 11:38 am
Congratulations and Good Luck....if your experience is anything like mine you will be pinching yourself in no time!  I chose the sleeve after three friends chose the band, and they wish they had the sleeve.   Keep us updated!!
sleeve genie
on 5/9/11 11:41 am - Alhambra, CA
You have made a great decision and you will be thrilled with the results,   walk, sip, rest and repeat.  Can't wait to hear how well it all goes  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

meemhull
on 5/9/11 11:49 am - St Augustine, FL
I'll be thinking about you Jeff, good luck and message me when you feel up to it. I start eating Wednesday, finally off liquids. It goes fast.
Follow me on you tubehttp://www.youtube.com/user/meemhull

HIghest weight 308 Apr 4th
Preop weight    292  Apr 20th
jthomp7889
on 5/9/11 12:06 pm - Shrewsbury, MA
 Thanks All!
didim62
on 5/9/11 12:29 pm - Kensington, CT
Glad you had a safe trip and all went well with meeting yor surgeon. Look forward to hearing your experience. Just close yor eyes and you'll be on the other side. Good Luck Jeff!!
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
Dee W.
on 5/9/11 1:59 pm
Good Luck Jeff! You will do great! I will see you on the other side! Keep me posted :)
Hollyhock
on 5/9/11 6:09 pm - VA
Go, Jeff! Wishing you an easy surgery and a quick recovery! Let us know how it goes.

5'7"  VSG on 6/6/2011  HW 224, SW 214, CW 144  
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views