Apprehension is Setting in.... AM surgery

lisa53406
on 4/26/11 12:10 pm - Racine, WI
Well my arrival time is at 10:30 and surgery is at 12:30. Maybe I should stop reading and redirect my thoughts. I am starting to feel a little panicked!

HW: 399   SW: 380    CW: 305   GW: 150  
didim62
on 4/26/11 12:13 pm - Kensington, CT
That's normal. Try to relax ...have some hot tea and get some rest. I wasted a lot of energy worrying and it was nothing compared to what I was expecting. Your going to do great.Here's to an uneventful surgery and a very quick recovery!!!!
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
sleeve genie
on 4/26/11 12:16 pm - Alhambra, CA
You have made a wonderful decision that you struggled with for some time so now just have faith that it is a good decision and that you will be very glad that you did this.   We all worry but it doesn't help.  Think about all the reasons you are doing this and what you hope to accomplish.  Maybe make a list of all the dreams you have that this will help you accomplish.   Try to think good thoughts and dream of the brighter future you are giving yourself.    Walk, sip, rest and repeat and can't wait to hear how great it all goes  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

njmom5870
on 4/26/11 12:22 pm
Remember all these posts.  Your feelings are normal....regretting the surgery after you've had it is NORMAL....feeling less than perfect is normal!!!

Your new normal will be healthy....lots of energy...improved health....  Everytime the negative feelings crop up... visualize yourself doing something that your weight prevented you from doing.... It could be wearing a certain size, walking a distance, or riding a bike.  You made a decision to improve you health and will be feeling sooo good about yourself. 

Good Luck, nuture yourself and take deep breaths....and of course sip, sip, sip :)

(Can you tell I had lots of therapy before my surgery :)
    Lap Band Surgery 7/29/09......Removal after full slip 10/29/09
    Sleeve surgery...life really began....1/3/11

Puppylovemommy
on 4/26/11 12:22 pm - LA
I'm sure that its normal.  Heck, I said that to myself when I was getting wheeled in for a c-section back in 2005. What in the heck am I doing here?  haha!  A little late now huh?  LOL :)

wert
on 4/26/11 12:35 pm - MN
You're right on target! You're feeling unsure about your decision. You think maybe you could still back out - it's not too late. Maybe you should think about it a little more. Way to go! This is just what you should be feeling right now.

So, go to bed, get a good night's sleep. When you wake up in the morning head to the hospital and look forward to feeling better than you have for a long long time.

In my case, as I was driving myself to the hospital I was wondering if I was nuts to be doing this. If they hadn't wheeled me to the operating room when they did, I might have gotten up and gone home. Sure glad I didn't.

You'll do fine, I'm sure. Feel good that what you're feeling right now is normal. Then, get on with it.

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

Nicki88
on 4/26/11 12:38 pm

LOL I was just about to post the same thing.  Im panicjed and my mom is passed out in the ned next to me b/c she got car sick on the ride from San Diego to Mexico.  So I have no one to talk me down.

Im afraid I didn't research enough.  Is this really what I want?  I made the decision and BOOM scheduled it and never looked back.

We can support each other!  Good luck tomorrow.  I will be thinking of you as they wheel me in...it will keep my mind off myself!  ha ha

Surgery Date: 4/27/11 Dr. Aceves
Mike Mo
on 4/26/11 1:36 pm - Winnetka, CA
Mine is Thursday, so I'm apprehensive, too. I'll send you good thoughts.

lisa53406
on 4/26/11 1:49 pm - Racine, WI
Thanks everyone for the supportive words.  I am fine with the decision I am making but Im sooooo afraid of complications or this being harder than what others encountered. If I knew it would be typical and unexceptional, I would be fine...maybe. Ugh.

Luckily Im tired. I will get some sleep tonight. Father in law picks me up at 9:30 in the morning. After I drop my son off at a school's out camp and run an errand. I will be busy and time will fly, I am sure.

HW: 399   SW: 380    CW: 305   GW: 150  
Susan M.
on 4/26/11 2:09 pm
 Hope everything goes well with you. Thoughts and prayers going your way.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views