Oh My Freakin Gawd................

teetee126
on 6/10/11 3:47 am
I gained 2 lbs and I have not gained a lb.since I have been sleeved.  What in the world is going on?  Drinking water.  Worked out every single day.  Weighed at the same time.  I mean i did eat some pizza yesterday but damn 2 pounds from one slip up.  I am slipping into a deep depression. No but seriously I'm just joking about the depression...Why am I 2 lbs. heavier...I don't even eat 2 lbs. of food..So not fair! uggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

MN_Mama
on 6/10/11 3:59 am

Most pizzas have some salt.   How about time of the month/hormonal issues?  That extra weight could be water gain.
Something I keep hearing is not to weigh yourself every day.  I know it would make me crazy (crazier than usual anyways).   Most of the pros suggest every week or two at the most.  That way you get the real weight gain or loss, not the daily fluctuations.

Thanks for sharing.

Mom4Jazz
on 6/10/11 4:00 am
One word - water. Unless you're eating more pizza than I thijnk you could, you cannot have gained 2 lbs of fat. Just get back on track and it will go away (unless it's near your TOM, in which case it may hang around a few days, sorry).

That said, probably think about why you gave in to the pizza. A give in here, one there, and soon we're back in our old patterns.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Samantha L.
on 6/10/11 4:06 am
water weight! this has happened to me a few times, usually i just stall in my losses but i have gained 2 lbs at one point, then it came off and then some a week later. hang in there!
BigCaliSmile
on 6/10/11 4:13 am - La Puente, CA
It wont stay.. dont worry.. youll see the change if you keep doing what your doing minus the pizza
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
(deactivated member)
on 6/10/11 4:20 am
I'm chiming in with the same answer as everyone else WATER 

Couple things that cause it: salt, carbs (if you've been lo-carbing and you have carbs, the first thing your body does with them is store away glycogen for fast energy, which carries a lot of water with it.. a few days (3 or so) back on the wagon, water goes bye-bye.. and then just normal body fluctuations can pop up randomly..

I gain, lose, hold and gain.. repeat add nauseum all the time.. without the influence of carbs, but I think I'm half sponge the way I hold onto water.. 

Don't let it bug you, just note it and move on with you hot ol self, it'll take care of it's own as long as you are on your plan..

heardb
on 6/10/11 5:08 am - GA
Cause you Cheezy!.....lol Hands off the pizza kiddo!
teetee126
on 6/10/11 7:30 pm
Lol you were right about the pizza and I was wrong!
(deactivated member)
on 6/10/11 7:14 am, edited 6/10/11 7:15 am

You mean we can gain 2 pounds by eating less than 2 pounds of food?
Fair?  No.  Reality? Yes.

The whole carb/salt combination just messes with us.

I go down, hold, down, hold, down, up, hold, down, down... it is just one of those fun things that happens.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 183 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 477 views