Only two doses of pain meds left

Could_It_Be
on 6/28/11 9:28 am
 I've been taking liquid tylenol during the day since Sunday but do still take the Lortab at night because I just can't get comfortable.

I'm embarassed to call and ask for more, I don't want to be a whiney butt but I still have pain and can't seem to sleep :(

It seems like you all barely needed pain meds at all- am I a freak show?

VSG on 6/22/11
roundater
on 6/28/11 9:33 am - Lincoln, NE
Some do. everyone is different. If you need the meds check with your doc.
Rich Sonderegger

allie_b
on 6/28/11 9:54 am
 i totally got a refill! i'm a WIMP!! i warned my doctor so i think he was prepared to send out a refill :)
theres no sense in being in pain - it will only make your healing worse.
I'm 28, 5'7 and have a bougie size 36 french, not oversewn.
Capacity for dense protein: about 3 oz. Also...only lost 2 lbs pre-op.
Sandy S.
on 6/28/11 9:55 am
Don't feel bad.  This is surgery, and we are all different.  I  did not need the pain meds, but  I take something everyday for Nueropathy, and I can't get comfortable without it.   Wish I could send you mine. Pain is pain!  A year ago I got a bad tooth ache on a Thurs. evening and you can't find a dentist on a Friday in my town!  I would have given my first born for pain meds that weekend.  Your doc did not give you a refill?  Hon, there is nothing wrong with calling and asking for more. You won't be the first or only one who calls.  Best Wishes!

"Step by step the longest march can be won,"  Sweet Honey and the Rock- Peace, San  HW 463 Surgery: 6/13/11; SW 413      
Could_It_Be
on 6/28/11 9:57 am
Thanks y'all! I guess the worst that can happen, is that they say no, right?

*sigh*

I really thought I'd bounce back easier :/

VSG on 6/22/11
Ladydivigirl
on 6/28/11 10:17 am
Hey that's what the doctor is there for, right ? They don't want u to be in pain. Everyone has a different experience after surgery. I still have my bottle of Lortab...I didn't even open it because I didn't need it. If it wasn't illegal I would mail it to you...I was thinking of what I should do with it since I can't return it....Hope the pain eases soon...Hugs!

"The will of God will not take me where the GRACE of God cannot protect me!"    
Daviegrandma
on 6/28/11 10:22 am - Davie, FL
Don't be silly.. call the doctor....

Could_It_Be
on 6/28/11 10:43 am
Thanks y'all

VSG on 6/22/11
mythreechildren2001
on 6/28/11 11:37 am
I've not been sleeved yet, but I had my preop visit yesterday and met with the surgeon, etc.  He told me to definitely call for more pain meds if I need it after surgery, so it must not be that uncommon. :)  I hope you feel better soon!
MediumSoon
on 6/28/11 1:49 pm - TX
Are you sure you don't have a refill on your RX? My surgeon gave me a refill automatically. Check - but if not, call them! If you are still in pain there is NO reason not to have meds this soon out of surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 78 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views