24 days post op and can eat 3oz

jmaggs215
on 7/15/11 11:11 pm - MD
So I had surgery on June 22nd.  When I got switched to pureed/mushies I could stomach about 3 oz of tuna/chicken salad in one sitting. 

Is this normal, or is this too much, should I cut it back.  It just really helps with gettin my protein in for the day, but I don't want to hurt my baby sleeve. 
Jackie        
Need4Change
on 7/15/11 11:36 pm - NJ
Hi there, I had my surgery June 21st... My NUT said I should be consuming 2-3oz of food, no more than 3oz.  I think its quite normal.  Just take it easy and remember to spread it out over 20-30 mins if possible.
emelar
on 7/15/11 11:38 pm - TX
Normal, particularly on mushies/pureed.  You'll feel more restriction when you start on dense protein - trust me!
Need4Change
on 7/15/11 11:43 pm - NJ
Emelar, thanks for that - its good to know whats coming!
cattywompos
on 7/15/11 11:46 pm
Nah...you are doing just fine.  Like emelar said, mushies go down pretty easy once you hit the denser foods you will feel more restriction.
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

roundater
on 7/16/11 12:00 am - Lincoln, NE
3 oz should be just fine. That is what I usually take in.
Rich Sonderegger

acbbrown
on 7/16/11 1:31 am - Granada Hills, CA
I can eat about 3oz of soft meats. I try to limit myself to 2 oz b/c im paranoid that I'm eating too much, but if I'm low on protein for the day, I'll add the extra 1oz.

If you are chewing well and eating slow, it's not going to hurt your sleeve. If you took a 3 oz bite, that's a different story :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Smardeepants
on 7/16/11 2:59 am
Are you guys serious??

I had surgery 6/27 and have been on mushies since 1 week post op. I can only fit up to 1ounce of mushy food...sometimes 3/4oz. (I go by volume).

I am SOOOO tired of protein drinks, but (obviously) can't get nearly enough from my food. *sigh*

I worry it's too little, and that I won't ever be "normal". (Totally irrational, I know, but these are the thoughts that enter my mind).

No More Spanx
on 7/16/11 3:18 am - Rock Island, IL
I am 5 weeks out and had to extend my mushee phase.  I can still only get 1 - 1.5 oz in of mushee when others are progressing to solids and getting 3 oz of soft foods.  I asked my doctor and he did say that I had excessive swelling initially.  He told me to be patient, listen to my body signs, and don't compare to others.  Every day gets a little better and I can eat a little more, so I know I just may be a little slow in healing.

Ann
HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

Smardeepants
on 7/16/11 5:55 am
Good to know I'm not alone!

Most Active