I thought I was gonna die...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lexie 84
on 7/26/11 11:23 am - Washington, DC
VSG on 03/13/12
OMG...I bought a bike yesterday b/c I wanted to break up the monotony of going to the gym...OMG...I thought I was going to die! I couldn't close my mouth! It was like no matter how wide it was opened, I couldn't get in enough air . And my legs...goodness! I felt sooooooo out of shape! I have never felt that incapable at the gym. I gotta get this weight off of me! It's no reason why I should have felt so beat down from riding a bike only a couple minutes. lol And I thought I had great endurance for someone my size! That workout was so hard and after all that I just went through to burn them calories, I wouldn't dare make it in vain by eating anything else but this 100 calorie muscle milk tonight! LOL

Once I drop this 100 lbs, I wanna be one of those people who can effortlessly bicycle across town! I'm looking forward to my VSG!

Ms Shell
on 7/26/11 11:32 am - Hawthorne, CA
I'm looking forward to you writing about it too =)

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

walmartian
on 7/26/11 11:33 am, edited 7/26/11 11:33 am
Good for you! I used to ride my bike a lot when I weighed even a little more than I do now, but it's been too hot for me to try. But I'm looking forward to trying it again this fall. I'm sure it will be hard to start with, but if you can push past the first 10 minutes or so, it's a very fun way to exercise.
oh, and check to see if you have a bike path made from an old railroad bed in your area, those are the easiest until you get in a little bit of shape (though still a workout)

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/11 11:54 am
 Good goal.  Once the weight starts sliding off you'll amaze yourself.  

I have been surprised at how fast my endurance has built up with the couch to 5K I've been doing...you'll feel like gravity doesn't apply to you pretty soon :)
acbbrown
on 7/26/11 12:15 pm - Granada Hills, CA
LOL for me - one hour on the treadmill, up hill - that's alright.

15 minutes on the bike - my legs burn! The bike involves a major muscle group I don't usually push that hard - so don't worry just keep at it!

(it's good though - reminds me to stretch)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 257 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 323 views