LETS PLAY: What's your favorite summer movie?

ljbarbara
on 8/29/11 9:08 am
Now that I can fit into the seats, can cross my legs and walk past the snack bar without buying one of everything, I really enjoy going to movies again!

My two favorites this summer were COWBOYS AND ALIENS and PLANET OF THE APES.

Cowboys and Aliens is not a funny movie, they keep it serious.  Really makes you stop and think what it would have been like for folks living in the 1800's seeing 'flying machines' and creatures for the very first time.  I think the script is very well written and thought out.  Not your usual Harrison Ford banter and humor.  He's a real crusty ol' coot!  I can't begin to describe how well Daniel Craig looks in his cowboy pants!  I think the director knows because there are quite a few 'behind' shots of Daniels 'behind'.  OMG!!!

Planet of the Apes is so good, I've seen it twice.  It's not just a remake.  They have brought it into the 21st century.  This movie explains how the apes gained speech and the very early beginning of what is to become earth ruled by apes.  I can't say enough about this movie and I am definitely looking forward to the next one.  Oh yeah, there will definitely be a next one.  An alert to those of you who haven't seen it yet:  stay in your seat and watch the credits at the end, the movie isn't over yet!  Those of you who didn't stay for the credits, message me and I'll tell you 'the rest of the story'.

So that's my favorite movie(s)...whats yours?
NEXT...

Original surgery: VSG Feb. 2009

REVISED TO RNY FEBRUARY 2016

Height: 5'7"

Start weight: 252. Current weight: 120

Paige V.
on 8/29/11 9:11 am - Gainesville, FL
I watched The Priest last night and it was pretty good if you like that kind of thing! =)
Arianasmama
on 8/29/11 9:15 am - Beverly Hills, CA
I enjoyed The Help.  
Be Blessed            
dianna0912
on 8/29/11 9:56 am - TX
Definitely "The Help"
          HW-327  SW-267  GW-175       VSG-08/25/11

janielynne
on 8/29/11 9:58 am
Horrible Bosses !!!!  I need a BIG laugh, and this movie delivered !!!!

GAFROMVA
on 8/29/11 10:22 am, edited 8/29/11 11:32 am - Alexandria, VA
VSG on 12/08/10 with
 I love going to the movies especially now that I can fit in one seat with the armrest down. ... 

Planet of the Apes was surprisingly good.. 

But loved Captain America, X-Men: First Class and Harry Potter
Transformers: 3... was really good but anything could have been better than Transformers 2.. that was garbage
Harry Potter - best movie of the summer
30 Minutes or Less - was ok, but could've been a lot better. 
The help was pretty good
Glen
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. 

HW: 565, Surgery Day: 486 CW: 319
felicity2u
on 8/29/11 11:11 am - LA
New release: Definately " The Help" and oldie but goodie " Summer Rental" with John Candy!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

cattywompos
on 8/29/11 10:30 pm
Friends with Benefits.  It is not just all about the sex.  It has guy humor and girl humor with a touch of mushy romance.  It was very good!  I also love going to the movies now because I actually have room left in my seat!
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

amandabefore
on 8/30/11 5:43 am - CO
I really enjoyed the fast five it was better than the rest  the priest was good to     really want to see aliens and cowboys though.
LeahBea
on 8/30/11 6:49 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
I loved Something Borrowed and Harry Potter, though I'm sure both are out of theaters now.

Leah

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views