Pathetic, but I need ideas for getting my fluids in...

kanga003
on 10/5/11 3:49 am
I'm 10 weeks out... I'm doing good and feeling fine, but I am SO not getting in 64 oz a day.  My NUT says keep working on it and make sure I get 32 oz minimum, which I do.

I try to sip, sip, sip but I feel full.  If I eat dense protein it is well over an hour usually before I feel like I can drink... I try to be really aware of it... but I have to go kinda slow or, again, I feel full.  I've tried lots of acceptable varieties of liquids... different temps and all... none are markedly better than another.... I've tried different bottles and such as well.... :-(

I eat 5-6 times a day generally and am around 650-750 calories...

Any tips or tricks to help me get more in???

Sorry for whining!!!
Jackie00
on 10/5/11 3:55 am
May try to cut out a few meals and drink. Try 4 meals and 2 of others for fluids.

Still stuck on fluids here, so it is just an opinion.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

tripmom02
on 10/5/11 3:59 am - NJ
 It may sound silly, but I set a timer. I can forget to drink if I don't feel hungry or thristy, so I set my little watch timer to go off every hour and I mindfully pick up my drink and make sure to get down a couple of ounces. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

emelar
on 10/5/11 4:00 am - TX
I agree with substituting a meal or two with a protein drink/shake.  Even though it's thicker, it's still liquid, so it counts in your total fluid intake and it passes through your stomach faster than food so you can keep the fluids coming - don't have to worry about the "no drinking before or after eating" rule.  I know it sucks - I prefer food over protein drinks any day - but it should be a short term issue and it'll definitely up your fluids, which is really important.
kanga003
on 10/5/11 4:03 am
I do one protien shake a day, occasionally two, but just to be a stinker, I mik my Mam protien, which I lOVE with maybe 5 oz of water... I still can't drink an entire premade shake... 11 oz kills me!

BUT... I can eat carbs like crazy... go figure :-(  (I don't with any regularity!  I try HARD to follow the rules...)
upwdmvmt
on 10/5/11 4:09 am
Im 3 weeks out today and I am having the same problem I average between 32-50 oz but can never seem to get 64oz. It is driving me crazy I feel like it takes so long to sip down enough ounces.  The time is the issue because it takes so long to eat and I also eat 5-6 times a day.  By the way have you been losing weight steadily in spite of not getting in your 64oz?  All I can say is keep trying.
Sometimes Winning is Really Losing!!
kanga003
on 10/5/11 4:11 am
I've lost about 47 lbs in 10 weeks... so I'm pleased... but it has for sure been a staircase more than anything else...

Honestly one of the reasons I am concerned about fluids is I'd like to maintain the weight loss....... sigh.
acbbrown
on 10/5/11 4:17 am - Granada Hills, CA
Have you talked to your surgeon? At 10 weeks out you should be able to drink more. I was drinking 80 oz by 10 weeks.

I agree with cutting back to fewer meals and drink more. Try popsicles. I make protein pops - and suck on those for a snack. Jello works for getting some fluids in.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Jackie00
on 10/5/11 4:19 am
You are not very far from your goal, you still have lots of honeymoon time. You can do this and even if you have to just drink water to get your fluids in to flush the other stuff out, it is all good. You are doing so good for 10 weeks out and that massive weight loss before you had the surgery.
There are some days I get all my fluids in but a few where I don't, I just don't feel hunger at all. I keep a bottle with me at all times. I keep the gatarade bottles and just fill them up with crystal light or just plain water if I am out walking.

Keep us updated!!
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

kanga003
on 10/5/11 4:21 am
I intended to talk to him today, but they just canceled my apt. :-(  Next week....

He often deferes to the NUT anyway, and she's already given me her take on it.  One thing I have found is that if I don't eat actual food I feel hungry.... it is quite a balancing act and I just can't seem to get it quite right :-(
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views