9/12-9/16 Sleevers- 6 week check in

megamommy
on 10/24/11 11:00 pm
Hi Everyone! I remember a lot of us where sleeved this week. Just wanted to check and see how everyone is doing! I am feeling great! I have lost 30 pounds(10 post op). I had incision pains until about 5 weeks but now I feel great like I didnt even have surgery. Ive started using my fitness pal to log my food so I hope tha will help keep me on track. Let me know how you are doing! 

a_blossom
on 10/24/11 11:44 pm
Hello. I am also doing well. I had no real pain after surgery, just discomfort that went away fairly quickly. Alrhough, occasionally I am reminded that I had surgery. It took me awhile to begin to lose (9 days post op), but this was expected since I retain a lot of fluid traveling and from iv's. I have lost around 26 pounds since surgery and a total of 87 from my highest weight. It seemed like I was losing slowly, but, this is 1/4 of what I have left to lose, so I am very glad for that and realize that is not particularly slow. Good luck to you on your journey.
megamommy
on 10/25/11 12:08 am
Congrats! Thats Fantastic! im so happy you are doing well and had a smooth recovery. I guess now we all need to learn how,what to eat now that we can again :) My biggest challenge has been slowing down! I never take 15-20 minutes to eat.

Karen-Adventure
on 10/25/11 12:32 am
I was sleeved on the 13th of September.  I was uncomfortable for the first 2 weeks but since haven't had any pain.  I lost 14 lbs preop and 26 postop (includes the 6 lbs of fluid I gained in surgery).  Feeling pretty good overall.

megamommy
on 10/25/11 12:41 am
Fantastic!!!!!!! Keep up the good work!

Mr-Smith
on 10/25/11 1:01 am - Hillsdale, MI
Doing great, feeling great, but I still get a little sleepy in the afternoon.  I never had any major naustia issues or swallowing issues. My incisions heald up nice and I am off the PPI and Blood pressure meds.  I tried a night without the CPAP but woke up in the morning wanting to go back to bed so I'm not ready to do that yet.  I have dropped a couple shirt sizes, and went from a 40/42 inch waist down to a 36.  I'm still only 5'4" but oh well...  My start weight was 239 and my current weight is 195 that is pre-op and post op.  Foods, I have not found any issues with any foods, I seem to tolerate everything and I can drink 20oz's of water in about 15 minutes now.  I'm not a fast loser, thats for sure. I'm logging everthing on myfitnesspal.com so I know exactly how much of everything I am eating and my cals are between 600 and 800, my carbs are between 40 and 60 and my protien between 75 and 85.  My worst is fluids, if I'm not careful, I don't get enough in.

Weekends are the worse for me, I skip a lot of meals and don't get enough water.  I get busy.

Exercise about three days a week, working on bumping that up to four this week.

The only negative I see so far is when I am doing yardwork or other manual work, I have to stop every two hours to eat and drink.  Kinda of is a pain. 

W

AMGent
on 10/25/11 1:22 am
I was sleeved on the 13th of Sept, here are my ups and downs...

downs: ive had one "sickness" after another it seems, first it was a stomach issue (vomiting and well you know what else goes with vomiting), then it was an ear infection, and then a nasty cold, so thats made me pretty miserable, the post nasal drip makes me much more nauseous in the morning and ive found that if i eat the MOMENT i wake up it helps, and ive fought dehydration alot since surgury too

ups: ive lost 45 pounds!!! (of course the illnesses have had alot to do with this loss) which means i am at 185 and this is the least ive weighed in almost 12 years!! So thats been pretty awesome, ive discovered that i have these odd bones in my body that id forgotten about, like collar bones, and knees, and hips, ha ha,

all in all im very happy post surgury, even when im feeling yucky i still feel like its all been worth it!!
LOVING life as a LOSER!! 

September14
on 10/25/11 1:53 am
I was sleeved on 9/14 and am feeling awesome. I was back at work 5 days after surgery - and have been following my (very conservative) Doc's meal plan - so only last week able to eat mushy foods. I've lost 35 lbs since surgery - I think if I was exercising, I'd be losing more. I am going to try to add walking this week.
Also - I've been using myfitnesspal too and I LOVE it. I have it on my iphone as an app, and I just log in all my meals.
I agree with Mr. Smith - weekends I tend to get off track majorly with fluids especially. I also am having a tough time getting all my protein in from food (I really cannot stand any protein drink). I am VERY glad I did this. I was thinking that I will probably be down 50b +/- by Thanksgiving and that is THRILLING.

megamommy
on 10/25/11 5:46 am
WOW! Everyone is doing so good! Congrats to everyone for rocking that sleeve!

dicastro1010
on 10/25/11 8:35 am - Escondido, CA
I'm also a 9/14 sleever. I felt good after about 12/13 days and started excersizing then which gave me something to do while off work :) 

So far I have lost almost 47 pounds! WOO eeee!! So exciting!!

I can eat pretty much anything just small quantities and mostly protein since not much fits. Still trying to get all my required protein and water, but it's getting better and better. I am up to excersizing 5-7 times per week. It's still a drag though, I don't get the "looking forward to the gym" feeling that I used to have a few years ago! Sad. I do get paranoid that my losing will just come to a halt and I won't lose anymore, but I need to just stay positive and keep doing what I am supposed to.
Hi I'm Diana! I'm 5'10 and hoping to get down to 165 :) Feel free to friend me! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views