BEST WAY TO GET OUT OF A REGULAR BED AFTER SURGERY

BETHC500
on 11/8/11 9:23 am

I need some help. What is the best way to get out of bed after sleeve surgery. I never thought about it until tonight right now as I am about to go to bed. It was easier to get out of the hospital bed because they sit you up and you can wriggle out easy enough. What about my regular bed at home. Ahhhhhhgggg....

ready2Bhealthy2
on 11/8/11 9:42 am
Honestly, I didn't sleep in my bed until two weeks post op. I currently prefer to sleep reclined in my chair. Good luck.
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
Happy Camper
on 11/8/11 9:49 am
 My bed is really high so I roll kind of on my side then tummy and my legs bend over the side till they touch the ground (while im on my stomach) then I can stand up easily.  That probably doesn't make much sense.  I did sleep in a lazy boy for two weeks.

(deactivated member)
on 11/8/11 9:52 am
My method:

Call 15 year old son, say "give me your hand" and have him pull me up. OK LOL... that wasn't always available

Put small pillow on stomach. Put one hand square in the middle behind your back, put the other across your pillow/belly. Push on the pillow and push yourself up with other hand.

You want to put your legs off the side of the bed FIRST. Do not attempt to sit up and move legs, too much muscle use. Swing the legs off the side, then do the trick.
bookishfred
on 11/8/11 9:53 am - Hoppers Crossing, Australia
 Dont lay flat!!!
If you sleep in your bed prop yourself up with pillows.

SassyItalian
on 11/8/11 10:00 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
prop your head end up with pillows to sleep, i like using one of those pillows with arms..

then put your feet on the floor, put a pillow against your stomach for support and lift up

or have a handsome husband let you wrap your arms around his neck and let him help you up.
i could use one of those..recovering from my TT and it would help to have hot man around

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

frisco
on 11/8/11 8:52 pm

Not sayin I'm a Hot Man..... I do have some skillz.......

But the thought of caring for you while your in recovery and waiting on you and your dog sounds kinda fun !!!!!

All up to the part when your dog growls at me showing his teeth !!!!!

Actually..... me and dogs do great...... cats not so much....and woman....ehh.....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

SassyItalian
on 11/8/11 11:08 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
LOL, Frisco.

You are welcome to wait on me hand and foot anytime.

And smokey is all gums, tiny teeth. he would gum ya to death.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

newme2011-2012
on 11/8/11 10:03 am
I have had 2 other stomach surgeries.
Whichever side you need to roll to , to get out and becasue your stomach mucsles are sore you need to use your arms to push yourself to a sitting position. And viola you are up!!!hope this helps. I didn't have a recliner so that is how I had to do it!
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

socialite
on 11/8/11 10:26 am - TX
log roll. i cant explain it. look it up. ive been doing it for years because of my back, and the nurses were so impressed that i said the term at the hospital.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views