heart disease

wmubronco03
on 11/13/11 12:33 pm - MI
VSG on 11/30/12
 At 29 years old I was diagnosed with heart disease.  I had a stent placed in one of the arteries of my heart to clear a 90% blockage.  I've been on meds since then (Plavix,coreg,lipitor etc) and unfortunately I have gained more weight.  40 lbs in the 3 years since.  I think the main problem is the pressure I put on my self to loos weight.  I is going to kill me sooner then most and I get depressed and eat because of it.  Vicious cycle blah blah blah.  I'm worried my stent will keep me from being a candidate for the surgery.  Also I am a relatively young guy who who like to a whiskey on the rocks or a glass of wine on the weekends.  How has the Surgery affected people's ability to have a drink?
acbbrown
on 11/13/11 1:55 pm - Granada Hills, CA
I don't want to sound harsh, but being able to have a drink should be on the bottom of your list of priorities! You need to do something for your health before you die at a young age! Many people in my family have died of heart disease/heart attacks - its no joke!

I don't know if the stent would keep you from getting the surgery, but it seems like it should help you since the weight loss would be majorly beneficial for your heart. Have you talked to a doctor about the possibility? Check it out and let us know how it goes!

Ok- off my soap box - in general, most docs say no alcohol especially during weight loss. Some people do, some people don't. You get tipsy fast, sober up quicker, but nothing that's going to harm you. You do have to be careful of drinking during rapid weight loss phase b/c your liver is in over drive as it is.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

wmubronco03
on 11/13/11 7:01 pm - MI
VSG on 11/30/12
 It really is at the bottom of my priorities. I've asked a couple of questions on the forum and the drinking was last on my list. 
frisco
on 11/13/11 2:16 pm

You have me kinda perplexed.......

29yo and a stent...... Should be a wake-up call.......

and your Avi is a Beer or Wine bottle???????

Your stent shouldn't be an issue....you will probably have to have clearance from your cardio doc.

Your desire for booze does scare me...... Transfer addictions are very common among WLS patients.

I'd get your **** straight first...... don't even think about booze during WL.....You can't have the booze and stay within the nutritional requirements. Lose the weight first.....

Just a suggestion.....this surgery is serious ****

What are gonna do if you don't make weight loss surgery work ?

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

wmubronco03
on 11/13/11 7:03 pm - MI
VSG on 11/30/12
 Easy now... The question is one of my last questions and I was just wondering. Not a deal breaker. And the avi was just to match the question. 
SkinnyJeansSoon
on 11/13/11 11:56 pm
Just My Opinion - Get a  consult with a WLS surgeon about your heart condition but I don't think it will prevent you from having surgery.

I am 4 weeks out and had my first beer/alcohol in 5 months (I never drink - even pre op). I could only drink 5 oz and was very satisfied with that. I stayed under my calorie goal for the day and also was able to get in 20 additional grams of protein that day. It sat very well on my tummy.

(VSG - 10/20/2011)
HT: 5'9

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views