ALCOHOL

Miluska32
on 12/8/11 5:16 am - NJ
So here's goes my story.  I had my surgery on Nov. 21st.  I am currently on Mushy foods.  I am doing so well on my food.  I haven't thrown up with any foods I have tired thus far.  The only thing I have is occasional heart burn.  My dilemma is I have my Work Christmas Party on Tuesday and No one at works knows I have been operated Nor has anyone noticed I have dropped 20lbs since Thanksgiving!

Has anyone had a glass of wine while being only a couple weeks out of surgery?

I don't plan on drinking shots just want to have a glass or two of wine but I am scared of hurting my stitches on the inside.  Can someone tell me if they tried drinking soon after surgery.

acbbrown
on 12/8/11 5:22 am - Granada Hills, CA
I did not, and would really not recommend it. Your system is all in shock right now and if you are like the rest of us, just getting the normal 64 oz of fluid is still a struggle for staying hydrated.

There's the issue of hurting your stomach, your liver, hydration, empty calories, being very tipsy, etc. Only you can make the decision that's best for you but think about your health.

If you are worried about feeling left out, or realllly feel the need to drink, get a small glass of wine and sip on it through out the night.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/11 5:22 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Sure folks have.  I waited a year, but I have junkie tendencies in my family and I was giving me a year to learn to deal with stuff without food and alcohol to fall back on.

If your doctor has guidelines, you really should follow them, because they are there for a reason.  Alcohol might hurt (as in burn) your tender insides. 

Aside from burning your tender staple line, your body stalling because alcohol metabolizes differently and for many of us does not just slow our loss down but brings it to a crushing halt, a MOST important thing to consider is your liver.  Your liver is working HARD, double time, sifting through all the debris that is getting shuttled through your blood.  Your liver enzymes are crazily shooting up because of weight loss alone.  Alcohol will just further tax your poor hard working liver. 

So.  Sure, somebody has drank a few weeks out of surgery.  hell, folks eat pizza right out of surgery.

Is it the best idea?

That's up for debate, but you gotta be the boss of you my friend!   Because no matter what did or did not happen to anybody else, you gotta be the boss of you.
DragonGirl
on 12/8/11 5:29 am - MN
You have a pretty new tummy, I wouldn't reccomend it. Alcohol still doesn't work for me and I'm almost a year out. Mind you I was a light weight when it came to drinking pre-op. Makes me sicker than a dog now. Depending on what you drink, it can have a lot of empty calories in it. It has a real potential to get you drunk fast on a very small amount. Always make sure you're with someone you can rely on to get you safely home if you indulge. If you are going to try a drink...try it at home where you can be safe and deal with what comes so you know what to expect.

Whatever you decide to do...have a nice time at your party!
Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
HogRider
on 12/8/11 5:38 am - Jacksonville, FL
Smuggle a flask of grape juice in and put it in a wine glass and sip on it.
USAF Retired                     CW: 257 SW: 341  GW :170
edelu
on 12/8/11 5:39 am - los angeles, CA
order some Cranberry juice in a wine glass and nurse it, no one will know the difference.  it's really early to think about drinking the real thing.
DragonGirl
on 12/8/11 5:48 am - MN
Or...Sugar Free Vitamin Water XXX...looks like the real thing and no calories!
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Chris Waffle
on 12/8/11 5:55 am - Cypress, CA
I just saw the word "alcohol" and popped in to see where the party was.  Carry on.

Join me at #OH2013

HW: 375 SW: 295 CW: 195

I'm in it to win it!

DragonGirl
on 12/8/11 6:12 am - MN
LOL Waffle...you been missed around these parts...glad you're back!
Primyzia
on 12/8/11 6:37 am
VSG on 08/09/11 with
hahahahah me too

http://youtu.be/Ax77weY-2D4       http://youtu.be/VYj-ru_iIVk 
            http://youtu.be/gE9e0k0u6xE     http://youtu.be/RgbP3MllMQ0 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views