May Sleevers Checking In!

Crunchy As Can Be
on 1/23/12 9:53 pm - NY
Hey everyone, just wanted to check in as we shuffle around our 8th month post-op.

I keep active, feel great, but notice that my weight loss is veeeeeeery slow lately... like, the last couple of months I'll only lose a pound here and there. But I also know that my inches are changing and people are still telling me that I look like I'm losing weight even though the scale isn't moving.

I hope the fact that my inches are still changing means that I'll start to lose more weight soon... maybe in a kind of "lose-pause-change shape-lose" pattern?

Well, I don't care how it happens as long as it does. I feel great where I am now but would be happier with the last 15-25% of my excess weight gone. Perhaps that would completely resolve my blood sugar/insulin resistance and hypertension issues?

How is everyone else doing??
 ~~Emily~~

wls2011
on 1/23/12 11:35 pm - Ballston Lake, NY
Hi Crunchy & other May sleevers,

My weight loss has been really slow also, and my weight also has been going up and down by a pound or two...I guess it is because I'm really in "maintenance" although, I'm not really doing anything on purpose to be in maintenance...I just eat the same things I was eating...maybe my portions or frequency has increased....

I am still losing inches like you and I lost 1% body fat in the last 2 months. But it is kind of boring, not having big numbers to look forward to.

I exercise regularly and things are just status quo all around in my life....I find myself feeling blah...I know it is because I don't have anything concrete to look forward to at this point...and without striving towards something big or challenging, I feel bored.

I mean I'm happy with what I have obtained, but it's just not all that exciting now that I'm here...and I wish I could get plastics! Because lack of money and loosey goosey skin puts a damper on things.

My hypertension and insulance resistance all went away luckily...and all my other health problems and meds too....so for that I'm most thankful...and I am healthier and stronger than I've been in my life. I actually have muscles!

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

LeahBea
on 1/24/12 12:42 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
Been doing fairly well. My loss has slowed as well, but I'm okay with it. Logically, I can't keep losing the way I was before.

I have 2.5 lbs until my "first goal" and then we'll see what happens from there.

Life has just been busy with school and work. Other than that, just me trying to make it all work together. LOL

Leah

EmilyUT
on 1/24/12 1:06 am - UT
I also went from a steady weight loss to a plateau/loss kind of mode. I'm finally within about 25 pounds of my goal and am getting antsy about if I will make it or not! I'm definitely still losing, though, and will not give up hope.

I now weigh less than I did twenty years ago when I got married! I am surprised by how many people, who I've seen regularly the last eight months, have just started commenting about my weight loss. ????  

I have finally been seeing a personal trainer regularly and am feeling much stronger and have better balance. I am amazed at how much better I sleep at night and how much easier it is to chase after my kids. 

Love to hear from you and the other May sleevers, I am starting to feel a bit more like a vet than a newbie!

~Emily

Crunchy As Can Be
on 1/24/12 5:41 am - NY
I agree with the feeling of edging more into veteran territory than newbie territory, though I think to some degree I'll always feel like a newbie at heart.

Also... I think that a lot of the more senior VSG posters will possibly be leaving OH due to the sharing of posts and photos with Facebook... so maybe we'll be the new vets sooner than we think??

So glad to hear that you and everyone else are doing so well albeit having some "blah" moments from time to time-- together we can do this!
 ~~Emily~~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views