Second week post-op and sick of everything I eat!

Teresa H.
on 2/1/12 7:43 am
 I have never been a broth or plain soup type person, so this week has been especially hard for me.  It is to the point where I would rather go withougt than have to suffer through another serving of creamed of anything!  Any suggestions?
penich
on 2/1/12 8:04 am
I felt the same way, just hang in there and it won't be long before you can advance to soft foods.
MelissaMommyto5
on 2/1/12 8:13 am
VSG on 02/16/12
I sure wish I could help but I'm worried that I'm going to be in that exact place in a few weeks.  Mine is scheduled for 2/16.  I hate plain soup & I've never had broth, I'm just hoping my will power to suck it up will be strong enough.  If you get any good suggestions, I'll be tuning in to steal them for myself!  Best wishes, Melissa

Florida_Pam
on 2/1/12 8:55 am
VSG on 01/04/12
 At the full liquids stage my dr would allow puréed cottage cheese which was a really a nice break from soup. 

HW: 335.6,  SW: 328.2,  CW: 287.8
LAldo
on 2/1/12 9:01 am - TX
I an so over it too. Tonight, I went to a Chinese restaurant and got hot and sour soup, brought it home and strained it! Nice with spice. I think you could do the same with pho.
muliebrity
on 2/1/12 11:06 pm - IN
Thom Yum soup from a Thai restaurant is also good strained. 

kahlana
on 2/1/12 9:07 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
I pureed some mashed potatoes, put them through a seive to get rid of any chunks and diluted them to liquid stage with a bit of coconut milk. They were about the consistency of "cream of _____" soup and seemed to help with the "omg I can't take another sip of broth to save my own life." Did the same thing with the hubbies creamed carrots. I pureed the carrots and put them through a strainer so there were no chunks at all then added some coconut mil****il they were soup consistency. And again fixed the food blahs.

My Blog My Facebook

Teresa H.
on 2/1/12 9:40 am
 Thanks for the input everyone.    I have been thinking about getting some Wendy's chili, blending it and then strain it.  That may be good!
hidngat39
on 2/1/12 10:17 am - OK
VSG on 02/14/12

Wendy's chili is low fat too-so that might be perfect--(putting that in the back of my mind:)

also-chicken broth is good with cajun seasoning or chili powder.  Don't get in a funk so early--go online and look at some soup recipes that would be good pulverized :)

really - this too shall pass!

HW:253  SW:199  GW: 145

PaulaToronto
on 2/1/12 10:24 am - Toronto, Canada
Are you getting any protein drinks in? If yes, and if you can tolerate and get your fluids in without broth or soup then go without them. There is no magic in these particular foods other than to help you get in your fluids and to make you somewhat full.  

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views