two days out

nikkibrown29
on 3/9/12 6:40 am - MI
VSG on 03/07/12
 I feel horribly 
mommy794
on 3/9/12 6:45 am

The first week is the worst, after that you will feel much better every day! I'm just over a month out and feeling great! just walk all you can and sip all day long :) 

Jaybee766
on 3/9/12 6:47 am - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
Hang in there.  It really does get better and it'll be amazing.  I'm only 10 days out and I can tell you each day I say "oh I feel so much better" and then the next day I say it again "oh I feel so much better".  If not, call the doctor and ask any questions.
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

nikkibrown29
on 3/9/12 6:54 am - MI
VSG on 03/07/12
 I have been sipping all day. I have gas like crazy I have been walk and blowing on that thing all day. this gas pain is horribly. I am bloated and get full really quick.
nikkibrown29
on 3/9/12 6:55 am - MI
VSG on 03/07/12
 these staples in my scars I can't really cough because it hurts.
BriarRose
on 3/9/12 8:57 am
You WILL get through this day two was my worst. suggestions:

Hold a pillow tight over your scars when you need to cough. It really helps.

Take the pain medication. That is what it's there for.

Sip as much as you can, the more you can get in the better you will start to feel.

Keep up your walking. Even if it's just around the house. It helps the gas to dispel. I also found that gentle stretching exercises helped me.

I put myself on a routine. sip "breakfast" rest for a half hour. Get up, take a 5 minute walk down the driveway and back. come back in. Sip a ounce sip another ounce or two. rest a half hour, take another walk. Take pain meds. Take a nap. Start sipping "mid morning snack" ...... rest for a half hour, get up take a 5 minute walk.....

In another couple days you will begin to feel human again. sip, walk, rest; repeat.

And welcome to the loser's bench !
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
nikkibrown29
on 3/9/12 9:34 am - MI
VSG on 03/07/12
 Thanks! I will try that tomorrow.
kam0520
on 3/9/12 10:16 am - AL
I felt horrible for a while post op.  

I actually have chronicled every day since surgery on my blog (link in my ticker) if you want to have something to kind of compare to.  I know everyone is different.  I hope you feel better soon, the inside feelings/hurt does get better though.  If I can say that now, it must be true!!  :)  Good luck hon!
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
nicoleista
on 3/9/12 10:24 am - MI
VSG on 03/05/12
The first 48 hours home were the hardest. That first morning home was very painful(pain level was probably a 7) so I called the doctor and they adjusted my pain medication from every 6 hours to every 4 hours. I think the day I came home from the hospital I went several hours with out my pain medication and fell behind. They say that "staying on top" of your pain is crucial because once it gets out of control it is harder to get back under control. But the pain meds at the hospital made my head funny so I didn't want to experience that on the way home. Remember, if your pain INCREASES rather then decreases after leaving the hospital then you should call the doctor.

How long after surgery does your stomach keep making the gassy rumbly sound? It sure is loud! The kids got such a kick out of knowing their Auntie couldn't come home from the hospital until she Farted! The 9 year old sang me a song that might help you...from Annie..."The fart will come out, tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be faaarts!"

Hope this helps a little.

Georgie Mayhem
on 3/9/12 1:39 pm - New Zealand
day 2 is the worst, I woke up on day 3 and felt sooo much better in comparison,
Everyday was remarkably better than the last, went to bed and could remember thinking, wow I wonder how I'll be tomorrow?

I carried a small neck roll around for the first week, as my big incision was the worst, and gentle pressure when moving, walking, sitting, sneezing, coughing, sitting up, shuffling in bed etc , you get my point aye? But it really did help me

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 17 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 17 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 191 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 278 views