Thinking about having surgery on my arms Need opinions

leigh0768
on 6/5/12 6:45 am - King, NC

I'm thinking about having plastic surgery on my arms.  Wonder if anyone has had surgery and if so are they happy with it?  Would love to hear from you guys...

acbbrown
on 6/5/12 7:34 am - Granada Hills, CA
 I'm planning on some plastics at the end of the year - its exciting and scary! My arms are definitely a priority!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

leigh0768
on 6/6/12 6:37 am - King, NC
Good Luck Allison !!  =)

amandataylor0819
on 6/5/12 7:35 am
 I too would be interested, I know that is one of them I will have no choice but to do...still have a ways to go and already it looks bad...

Tracasa
on 6/5/12 8:42 am
My niece had hers done and you still can't wipe the smile off her face. I will be using the same Doctor for my floppy batwings lol

Desari63
on 6/5/12 9:43 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
My friend had her legs/arms done at the same time. Best thing she ever did but MAN!!! She also said it was the most painful of the 4 things (she also had her boobs and tummy done).

I'm pretty sure I'll have it done as some point but not anytime soon since I'm just 3 months PO...

Barbara McKeown

leigh0768
on 6/6/12 6:39 am - King, NC

Good Luck to you Barbara !  I need it all done too !  Legs are not too bad, but no telling how much I would lose if I just got the excess skin cut off.  Sad but true.  =)

Sniffles...
on 6/5/12 9:54 am - Hendersonville, TN
I just had brachioplasty done 18 days ago and I'm thrilled with the results! My surgery was with Dr. Shack at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. He did amazing work. My scars are no wider than the side of a dime... and that's NOW at 18 days out. I think they will be barely noticed once I reach the 6 month mark. As far as pain goes, I think it will be different for everyone. I had absolutely NO pain from the time I woke up from surgery until now. Soreness, yes; pain, NO. On day 8, I had the worst bout of itching along the surgery lines and that was maddening! But not painful. Now, I get the occasional little throb under the skin comparable to the feeling of a small bruise. Occasionally, I'll get a little radiating "shock" under the skin at various points as my nerves come back to life. I'm also still numb in spots along the surgery lines on my arms. But that's it. Each day my range of movement improves. I can't quite comfortable reach really high yet or reach across my body. But it's all getting better each day and everything looks great! I also had breast lift/reduction and all has gone just as well there, too!

Height 5'9" Highest BMI - 45.3 Current BMI - 24.2
03/27/10 - 307 (pre-surgery),    03/30/10 - 303 (surgery),    Now - 164    
leigh0768
on 6/6/12 6:42 am - King, NC
Wow Brandon !  So happy for you !!  Good information.  Do you mind me asking how much your surgery cost?  Vanderbilt is definitely driveable for me.  Was it outpatient?  Do you think you would have been able to ride 4 hours afterward?  Again, thanks for sharing your story.  Any information at this point is good information =) 

Take Care of yourself.  Your post has definitely made me smile =)

jessicae
on 6/5/12 10:05 am
 i would LOVE to have the guts to get my arms done!  i don't think i ever will though, too afraid of another surgery.  when i stand with my arms at my sides they have rolls of fat/skin and it's so horrible.  i wouldn't mind just loose skin but the rolls make it unbearable for me.  i still am technically 45 pounds until "normal" weight but doubtful i'll make it that far.  hoping that if i lose another 35 it'll be better.  i've heard the arms are very painful but well worth it. 

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 235 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views