2 yrs 2 mths postop..with pics..started 354 lbs

Dawnie 88
on 6/17/12 10:18 pm, edited 6/17/12 11:03 pm
I like to post every now and then with pictures to help motivate those who may be new to this site and looking for someone with a higher starting weight.  There are many of us who started over 300 pounds, just do a search on here and you can locate many other posts to help motivate you!

I started at 354 lbs, 5'5-1/2"..32 jeans and 4xl tops..size 11 ring..size 11W shoes
I am now 184 lbs,  5'5"..12 jeans and Lg tops..size 8 ring..size 10 shoes

I had a very easy recovery, one night in the hospital, no drains, no barium swallow test..5 incisions. I was out walking around the block 3 days after i got home, out painting the window frames on the house at 2 wks postop.  

The first 5-6 wks after surgery I was very hungry, it too****il 6 wks postop when i was cleared to start eating chicken, meats..that i didn't have that hunger feeling anymore. Many days in that first week or two after surgery I sat in my bedroom and cried when my family ate their dinner.  I wondered what the heck had i done to myself.  So those feelings are very normal, I've heard it many times from others here as well.  Just know that it gets better..so hang in there!

I lost 73 lbs at 3 mths postop, 100 lbs at 5 mths postop and 132 lbs at 9 mths..and I still was losing after 18 mths postop.  I only put these weights here to let you know what you may expect as far as losses when you are at a higher starting weight..but not everyone is the same..we all lose at various rates.  Don't get discouraged if you aren't losing what others have in the beginning..this is your journey..just relax..do what you were told by your surgeon/nutritionist..and you'll get there!!

My life has completely changed. I have changed.  I have self-esteem back, and confidence.  I feel awesome.  I remember not being able to walk through the grocery store without using a cart to lean on because my back would be killing me.  I couldn't stand and finish the dishes because my back would be killing me, I'd have to sit down and rest half way through.  I couldn't reach all areas of my body (you know what i mean). I couldn't bend to clip my toe nails without having to hold my breath because bending meant i couldn't breathe.  Forget painting my toe nails.  I was afraid to go to restaurants or accept invitations out from friends because i wasn't sure if the restaurant would have chairs without arms that i could fit into.  I no longer have to worry about any of these things!  I get attention from strangers that I never used to get.  People look me in the eye and talk to me, where they didn't before.  I was always out going and talkative, but people just react differently now.

I am getting divorced after almost 13 yrs of marriage.  We have had many issues over the last 3 years, and with my new self esteem..I finally have the confidence to stand up and go for what i want and need in my life...and to make changes.  I am very happy with my life now.

I have wonderful restriction still.  I still can only eat 2 to 2-1/2 ounces of dense protein and that is it..no room for anything else.  My surgeon used a 32 bougie, but all his nurses say he is in a class of his own as far as his VSG's..that he makes them very tight.  One boneless skinless chicken tenderloin and a couple green beans is a meal for me.  I do get frustrated still at times when i want to eat more, when something tastes good..but this is why i had surgery..to eat less!  I can handle most all foods, but pasta still upsets my stomach, and bread..so i avoid those.  I have never had problems with acid reflux and never had to take anything for it.

Pre op i had type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure and sleep apnea...and I no longer have issues with any of those!

If you have any questions..feel free to message me.

Also..for those wondering..i am 41 yrs old..will be 42 soon!

before and now....

before pictures..and during...

some after pictures...

a few before face pictures..and two current face pics

size 32 pants...and size 13 juniors

Lisa S.
on 6/17/12 10:23 pm - NV
VSG on 07/09/12
Thank you so much for sharing your journey here. I am encouraged by you. You look like a different woman..beautiful! I can't wait to be able to enjoy life the way it was intended to be. Many blessings to you!

Dawnie 88
on 6/17/12 10:24 pm
your welcome! *smiles* and thank you for such nice compliments!!

Sleeva
on 6/17/12 10:24 pm - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
Wonderful job!.. do you have problems with skin? What was your exercise routine?  Thanks for posting!
   ROMANS 12:1 
   I beseech you therefore brethern, by the mercies of God,that you present your bodies a  living sacrifice,holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service.

Dawnie 88
on 6/17/12 10:27 pm
thank you!  Yes..i have problems with skin.  My thighs are very saggy..look bad.  My stomach isn't too terrible, but could use skin removal (i live in my spanx..so that helps me feel better).  My arms are horrible..bat wings.  I'd have to say my arms bother me the most because it's hard to find shirts w/sleeves long enough to help me feel comfortable by covering up the extra skin.  So many sleeveless tops i would love to wear.

I exercised right after surgery by taking water aerobics at the local YMCA 3 days a week an hour a day, plus the other days I walked all around our neighborhood.  I did this from 3 mths postop until about 7 mths postop, then I simply did alot of walking.

SkinnyNikki7
on 6/17/12 10:45 pm - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12
You look amazing!! I wouldn't even know it was the same person! Great job!

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Dawnie 88
on 6/17/12 10:46 pm
Thank you so much!

TonjaTLC
on 6/17/12 10:47 pm - Southlake, TX
You are such a beautiful inspiration!!! Thank you for sharing your story!!!
Surgery Date:  April 4, 2012 Offical Starting Weight: 304      
Dawnie 88
on 6/17/12 10:49 pm
your welcome..and thank you!!

AmberK
on 6/17/12 11:00 pm, edited 6/17/12 11:13 pm
VSG on 03/07/12 with
I just don't know what to say......when I see your pics. I'm speechless and blown away. I swear you look 20 years younger! Congratulations to you for changing your life and living on the side lines anymore!

I do have a question........I noticed that you had some acne in your before pictures and not in your after. I read somewhere that acne was a result of obesity. Have you noticed as you lost weight that it would clear? I get breakouts all the time, but as I am loosing, they seem to be less and less.

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views