Pizza! :)

ravenbrown
on 12/3/12 12:42 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Anyone have any decent pizza-type ideas for someone in the weight loss phase?  I don't actually miss anything else so far, but I do miss pizza. 

And, I know I don't post often, but I lurk all the time and I love you guys.  Your advice and perspectives have been so invaluable to me.  Big hugs!

favrow812
on 12/3/12 12:45 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12

I've seen people make cauliflower pizza crust, you could Google the recipe or look it up on MyFitnessPal

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Bella_Fein
on 12/3/12 12:50 am, edited 12/3/12 12:50 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I have made pizza with cauliflower crust. It is really really good. You have to make sure you get as much water out of the cauliflower as possible or it will fall apart too easily. There are a ton of recipes online for it.

I have also seen people make it with more of an egg white crust, but have not tried that. I think it would taste more like an omelet, but not sure. I plan on trying it one day.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

ravenbrown
on 12/3/12 12:51 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Thank you!  Cauliflower crust sounds great.  I can actually get some veggies into my husband.  It's a win/win :)

acbbrown
on 12/3/12 12:52 am - Granada Hills, CA

My favorite "pizza" replacement is to take a slice of ham/canadian bacon and I put a little pizza sauce and shredded cheese on top, stick in the microwave for a few seconds and enjoy :)  I dont even miss the relatively tasteless crust. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

ravenbrown
on 12/3/12 12:53 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Ooh, that sounds tasty and easy.  I can do that for lunch.  Yum

LeighAnne89
on 12/3/12 6:24 am - KY

Wow I never even thought of that but it sounds so good I will have to try that one for lunch

vabella
on 12/3/12 1:00 am - TX

you can make an omelet pizza.  Modify to your diet.  Pepperoni,, black olives, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion and cheese.  very very good.  don't eat as breakfast make it a dinner treat.  No sauce  Low fat cheese example.

jen

Keith L.
on 12/3/12 1:13 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I was really craving pizza the other day and I was about to make it on a low carb wrap like a thin crust. Here is what I ended up doing. Johnsonville (the sausage people) make a frozen sausage patty that is about the size of a burger patty. They have a couple of flavors, I chose the mild italian sausage. I would have preferred hot but they didn't have them. They can be found in the frozen burger section of your grocery. I cooked one of those per the directions and then I built my "pizza" on top of it. Most of the pizza sauces have 6 or 7 grams of carbs, but right next to the pizza sauces I found some bruschette topping by Classico that has 1 I mixed the garlic an basil flavors and ended up with a chunky pizza sauce and for my amount had about 2 grams of carbs. I put a layer of that on top of the sausage patty, a slice of tomato, a slice of onion, 2% mozzerella cheese, and some pepperonis on top and backed it at 425 for about 15 mins.

It was pretty good, still needs some tweaking and the patties I bought tasted a little freezer burned. All in all it satisfied my pizza craving. The patty is a bit thick so my pizza was tall. I think next time I would buy fresh hot italian sausages and cut open the casings and make my own thinner patties. I also would skip the tomato and I would pre-cook the onion a little bit. The bruschetta topping worked out well but its very oily so I drained it a bit before I topped my pizza. I also like the bruschetta topping that Costco sells much better and I will use that next time. Also the one patty makes a lot and I couldn't even eat half of it, so this is case where more toppings are not better.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Izabelle G.
on 12/3/12 1:46 am - Cheltenham, PA
VSG on 10/15/12

Sounds delish!

I am walking 60 Miles in 3 Days to fight cancer! Donate today!!

http://www.the3day.org/goto/igomes

Surgery 10/15/12 - HW-263lbs GW-150lbs CW- 170.8

Most Active