How do you cook your shrimp?

BlossomD
on 4/27/13 6:08 am
VSG on 03/19/13

Making shrimp for dinner.  NO breading.  I'm just thinking a little olive oil spray in pan, lemon, garlic and some peppercorn?  as weather warms up I'll throw them on the grill outside. 

What do you do?

3/6/13: Started 2 week pre-op fast for surgery: Lost 11 pounds

3/19:  Surgery

cajunlady1958
on 4/27/13 6:14 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15

I put mine on a sheet pan with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  toss them all together and bake them at 400 degrees until they are firm and pink.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

KathyA999
on 4/27/13 7:16 am

Depends on what I'm going to do with them.  I found a recipe for a shrimp salad that called for boiling them (gently).  Generally I saute in about a tablespoon of oil (for a pound of shrimp), with garlic and lemon, or jerk sauce or something.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

NUJoyce
on 4/27/13 7:57 am - Hayward, CA

That sounds good.   I have grilled them with lime and garlic.

Kathy - Care to share you recipe?

KathyA999
on 4/27/13 3:16 pm

Here you go!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Shrimp-and-Hear ts-of-Palm-Remoulade-380638

I've made this probably 4-5 times.  Sometimes I just buy cooked shrimp to put in it, and I've substituted sliced water chestnuts for the hearts of palm.  Also, if you want to lower the calorie count, use half greek yogurt and half mayo, comes out just fine that way.

Enjoy!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

INgirl
on 4/27/13 4:42 pm, edited 4/27/13 4:42 pm

Oh boy- shrimp! My fav!

Tin foil packet- butter, salt, spices of choice- I like cilantro, limes, chili peppers in adobo.. bake for 10-15 mins till done.

Boil for a few mins, peel & eat cold..

Chop up, mix with ricotta cheese, mozz, spices, a beaten egg, parsley and bake, top with spag sauce..

Oil well, toss with spices, skewer and grill

melted butter, pressed garlic, lemon, saute till done. toss with parsley! Shrimp scampi..

Coconut milk, thai spices, assorted asian veggies.. cook till veggies are about done- add shrimp, cook till done- insta thai curry soup!

Cook, dice up, add whatever you like- mayo, lime, greek yogurt, spices- wrap in lettuce leaves and taco/shrimp salad time!

chop up raw, lots of lime juice, diced red onions, green peppers.. cilantro and toss.. let sit in fridge for a few hours- sliced avocado- ceviche.

oh, and my absolute fav:

Couple cans fire roasted diced tomatoes, whole peeled shrimp.. garlic., fresh oregano.. lots of feta cheese.. Feta cheese shrimp bake, so many variations, can't go wrong with any, and so fast and easy.

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/13 1:08 am

great recipes thanks for sharing.

mary d
on 5/6/13 1:36 am

Here is one way that I fix it.

1/2 lb raw peeled deviened shrimp

1T olive oil

6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half

2 oz feta cheese, crumbled

1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth

1 or 2 sliced cloves of garlic

couple dashes of oregano

Salt and pepper to taste

Saute the shrimp for about 5 mins in the olive oil on medium heat.  Remove from pan.  In the same pan, gently saute the garlic, add the chicken broth, bring to boil, add the tomatoes, shrimp and feta and oregano.  Remove from heat, season to taste.

Of course this is divine with crusty French bread...

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 249 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 316 views