Any Michigan VSG's?

janazee
on 5/30/13 10:58 am
Anyone from Michigan pre or post VSG? If so, who is your doctor, and what hospital are you using?
pdtmd501
on 5/30/13 12:33 pm
I just had my vsg surgery this morning with Dr Pleatman at St Joseph's Hospital in Pontiac. So far, I feel good. Go to Dr Pleatman's website for a ton of info...I'm self pay btw.

Good luck with your search.

SURGERY WITH DR. PLEATMAN--05/30/13       

HW:303    SW: 299   GW:  180

janazee
on 5/31/13 12:18 am
Hello pdtmd501,

Dr. Pleatman is our doctor too! That's so cool. How are you doing? I hope all went very well for you. Are you in much pain? Do you have a drain bag? My son will be having his surgery next week, just curious and nervous about what to expect. He is also going to St. Joseph's, which I'm very happy about. I think Dr. Pleatman is a fantastic surgeon. I've been following some of his patients, and all are doing very good. How long was your surgery? When do you start your vitamins?

Please keep in touch, and best wishes for a speedy recovery!
jaysmom72
on 5/30/13 12:36 pm
I am my dr is dr zeni he is out if st Mary mercy Livonia and is in Pontiac as well. I went to 3 different consults ranging from a span of 10 yrs but when I met him I just knew and my surg took place 2 weeks later. I am now 10weeks post op no problems so far and down 50 lbs. good luck!
janazee
on 5/31/13 12:21 am
OMG! That's fantastic. Keep up the good work & spirts! 50lbs. Is Awesome!
camilla1031
on 5/30/13 1:05 pm - MI
Dr allwyn harroit at st johns surgery was 12/18/12 losr 104lb so far they have great follow up and they also sell there own protein shakes
janazee
on 5/31/13 12:24 am
Wow, that's amazing! Congrats on your amazing weight loss! Very inspiring, thank you for sharing.
mapietras
on 5/30/13 2:08 pm - MI

I'm from Grand Rapids and had my surgery through Grand Health Partners (GHP) Dr. Paul Kemmeter did my surgery. He is wonderful, though I think all three surgeons in this practice are excellent. My husband, who is a retired anesthesiologist has seen all three surgeons in action (he witnessed a couple of them through their residencies) believes they are all excellent surgeons. He doesn't say this about every surgeon. GHP offers a comprehensive program and monitors their patients for life. They perform surgeries in two hospitals; Blodget, which is part of the Spectrum system, and St. Mary's. I used St. Mary's and was very satisfied with the service.

HW:225 SW:199  CW:191  GW:132

pineview01
on 5/30/13 2:43 pm - Davison, MI

You had a great Doc!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

janazee
on 5/31/13 12:35 am
Thank you for your response.

Because your husband is a retired anesthesiologist, can you tell me how smoking can affect your surgery? My doctor wants me to be smoke free for at least two weeks prior to surgery date. As an adult, I know first and foremost, smoking is the worst habit one can have. Although, I'm trying to stop I don't know if I can 100% by August, which is when I plan on having my surgery. I do not have any other issues but this, and have slowed down quit a bit. Just wondering how this could affect me during surgery if I'm down to 1 or 2 a day. Thank you kindly!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views