Almost 2 yrs out--need advice

Holly Meyer
on 6/12/13 7:11 am, edited 6/12/13 7:22 am - Paris, TN

Hello all! I am almost two years out and have lost and kept off 141 lbs. For the past 6 months I haven't lost anything and really need to jumpstart my weight loss again. I'd really like to lose another 40 lbs. I am 5'11 and think I would look good at 175-180...any advice?

: ) Holly

http://'View

theshrinkingmimi
on 6/12/13 8:35 am

Hi Holly. I guess I am in a similar situation, kind of.  I wasn't trying to lose anymore for the past several (over 6) months. I was going through major life and career changes and was content with maintaining. 

I'm 5'9" and 2 years out and think it is time to start back losing. 

You haven't mentioned what you have been doing. It would make the advice you receive much more productive if you gave an idea of what you are eating and doing for exercise.

As we get smaller, it is harder to hit our calorie deficit.  I avoid putting an artificial timeline on it because it is going to take longer.  Some people give themselves unrealistic deadlines. 

If your weight hasn't changed at all for 6 months, then something in your life has to change.  [but congrats on not gaining] For me, I must eat out less (salt from restaurants is a real problem for me). I workout, but I need to change it up or increase my intensity.    I also need to move more during the day. Studies show that moving more (pacing while on phone or 2-5 minute walk each hour) has a lot to do with how naturally thin people are so thin (park farther, take stairs, etc). I also will go back to weighing my protein and eating it with vegetables (and 1 fruit per day).

I still have restriction so I know that I can do this. 

Do you track your food? Join myfitnesspal.com I hate tracking, but doing it for 1 week can be quite informative. I'm going to get back to it. I won't commit to more than 1 week of tracking per month for the remainder of the summer. But maybe I will do more.

Even though I hate tracking, it has helped each time that I have done it.

Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
(deactivated member)
on 6/12/13 10:00 am - CA

I agree with theshrinkingmimi.  Can you give a bit of insight as to what you're doing...and not doing?  And yes...congrats for the weight loss and maintenance. 

Stephanie

godsdiva4life
on 6/12/13 10:40 am - Frisco, TX

Frisco posted a while back about this and I took it and implemented it.  He talks about eating dense protein like chicken, beef, pork, tuna.  Not ground beef or chicken salad because it's not as dense as we think and it kind of slide through us, which is what I was encountering.  He also talk about most of it being head hunger and just needing water.  Grant it, I drink alot of water, but I have been challenging myself to drink water when I'm hungry to see if it will subside especially when I know it's  not time to eat.  I've always waiting 60min or longer before drinking but I didnt wait 30 mins after drinking to eat.  This really helps as well.  He also recommends lowering your calories between 600-700 to lose weight.  Needless to say, I have implemented this and I started dropping weight again.  Thanks Frisco.  He also give a video about the pyloric valve.

frisco
on 6/12/13 10:58 am

You lost 141lbs.

You know how to lose the weight..... and what I'm about to tell you will not surprise you in the least.... it will just confirm what you already know.....

There is know magic.... were all fishing for some magical combination of whip cream on horse manure that drops the weight overnight......

At 5'11'' your gonna have to get your cals below 800 (closer to 600 if your closer to 5') and your carbs 40grams or below.

Try it for 2 solid weeks and I'll bet you find some WL.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

AdeanaMarie
on 6/12/13 11:33 pm - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Track, keep protein high, carbs on the lower level, keep hydrated, move and keep calories under 1200 a day.  Eat whole, natural food, keep the fake stuff to a minimum.  Get some good fats in your diet, olive oil, nuts, avocado and coconut.

Count your blessings, laugh, enjoy life and know you got this.  You can do it!

Congrats on the weight loss and maintenance!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views