I'm The Luckiest Woman In The World!!!

themexcellentone
on 11/22/13 11:18 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with
You will make it to your goal! You have fought so hard for your health, and persevered through things most folks would've given up on. You will do it! Thanks for the encouragement. It's been a trippy first few months!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

VSG on 06/12/13
What an amazing story! Congratulations and the very best of luck to you as you get back to living!

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Italian-Princess
on 11/22/13 10:32 pm - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Your kind words mean a lot -- thank you :-)

5' 1.5" Tall.............69 years YOUNG!!!! Esophageal cancer survivor.

gabriellaz
on 11/20/13 2:23 pm - CA
VSG on 07/02/12
My beautiful princess Ree. I am sooo happy to hear the wonderful news! I am not on here too much, but you have been in my prayers this whole time. I have to meet you one day, maybe I can make the next Vegas trip,lol. You are amazing and such an inspiration too me. Your. Positive attitude, sense of humor and strength has been just WOW! Love you my beautiful Italian friend. Muuuah!

Italian-Princess
on 11/22/13 10:42 pm - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Oh Gabby -- you truly are a sweetheart!  Thank you for staying with me throughout this interesting science project!  Your prayers definitely helped me -- I'm so grateful.

Yes, it would be fantastic to meet in Las Vegas.  My plans now are that I'll be out there for my 67th birthday in July.  Alison will try to be there, as will Jenn if she can make it.  A few others are interested in meeting out there, too.  We could have such a wonderful time all together :-)  As it gets closer, I'll be posting my plans and we can all work from there!

How is maintenance going for you?  I have another 20 pounds I want to lose once I'm release from my Surgeons and Oncologists...........then on to maintenance.  My pseudo-maintenance has been fairly easily, but I fear what REAL maintenance will bring.  Sure hope you'll be able to give me some guidance when that time comes :-)

Much love,

Ree xoxox

gabriellaz
on 11/24/13 12:55 am - CA
VSG on 07/02/12
Vegas with me 3 favorite OH girls. Sounds like a plan :) Maintenance is going great for me. I stay in the 124-127lb range, I don't let my self go above that. I even went as low as 119lbs. Still logging and weighing everyday. I just allow myself a lol more carbs and I have been doing great. I am hoping to get plastics some time next year. Need to start filling up my piggy bank first. Lol.

Ohiogirl
on 11/20/13 2:36 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12

Ree - so good to hear - you are a wonderful example for the young ones as well as us old geezerettes. God Bless You.

Paula

Italian-Princess
on 11/22/13 10:43 pm - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Thanks, Paula -- I treasure your continued support. 

I looked at your progress and you're doing GREAT!  Be proud and keeo up the good work!

Ree

Sandy M.
on 11/20/13 7:09 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Ree, I am so glad to know you, even if it's only been on this forum.  If I ever face anything half as daunting as you have, I only hope to do so with a quarter of the courage and grace you have shown.  You are, and will continue to be for many years, an inspiration to us all!  

I couldn't be happier for you - I've been looking every day for a post from you, and this news couldn't be any better!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Italian-Princess
on 11/22/13 10:46 pm - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Hi Sandy :-)  Thank you so much for you kind words.  You know, we do what we need to do when we need to do it.  I wasn't kidding about sleevers being DOERS!  Look how hard we work to lose the weight with the help of the fantastic tools of our sleeves..............this latest "science project" for me was just more hard work.  We sleevers are great people!!!!

You're so close to goal -- be proud of your accomplishments............you're doing GREAT!!!  Pretty soon, you'll be facing maintenance...........how exciting for you!!!

Ree :-)

Most Active