Foamie Question

wendyred
on 2/28/14 5:37 am
I have read previous posts about foamies and over eating. When do you feel it? Immediately after eating or hours later?
cajunlady1958
on 2/28/14 7:17 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
Everyone is different. For me it happens within 10- 15 minutes after i have taken the last bite, i.e. the one I should not have taken. To prevent it eat slow, chew every bite carefully, and do not drink while eating.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

wendyred
on 2/28/14 7:30 am

I have been really careful with textures, taking 30 minutes to eat, no fluids for at least 30 mins before and after, taking omeprazole etc.

No issues so far but today almost 3 hours after eating just had a sudden wave of nausea and a lot of phlegminess (sorry) coming from my throat. 

Just wondering if this happens or if anyone has had this happen so long after eating

Machelle.K
on 2/28/14 10:27 am - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

My pouch tells me almost immediately, makes me feel very bad.

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

Robert H.
on 3/1/14 2:38 am - St. Albert, AB, Canada
VSG on 11/26/13

I had foam and acid reflux issues very badly after 8 weeks post op VSG.  My surgeon and the dietician had me change from Nexium 40mg once a day to Pantoprazole 40mg twice a day.   This change in medications and frequency has helped tremendously in controlling the foamies.   The dietician said it was due to severe acid reflux when ever I tried to introduce new foods. They also had me go back on a puréed soft food diet for 3-4 weeks before introducing solid foods again. So far the foamies for the most part have disappeared.  I still get hints of acid reflux in the evening, but hopefully over time the pantoprazole will get this under control. Hope this helps.

HW 395.  SW 347. CW 285

wendyred
on 3/2/14 7:35 am
Thanks everyone, your advice/info helps a lot.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 313 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views