Life goes on - random

Stacy_WLS
on 6/7/15 8:26 pm

i haven't posted much in a while.  Things have been crazy - new job, house broken into - assaulted, broke up with my boyfriend, dealing with emotional food issues and my nutritionist trying to force bread into my diet, Blackhawks getting into the Stanley cup playoffs (and winning in a week or so!)

over all all of this craziness the sleeve is still there.  I'm faced with highs and lows emotionally and struggling through it.  the foundation I built in my first 6 months post op continues to support me now.  I have built the need for exercise in my life - it makes me feel good and allows me to relieve stress.  I have such standard food choices that the majority of my diet is so routine it is easy to stay on track.  

Emotional issues can cause me trouble, but luckily the foundation I built is strong enough and I am facing them before they end up as 50 lbs on my ass or even 5.   

Arg... I wish Life was easier, but then it might be boring.  

Random vent / rant.  Maybe I posted this in the wrong spot.  

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

frisco
on 6/7/15 8:42 pm

That was hard to read...... Hope your OK.....

You posted in the exact right spot....

Foundation is one of the biggest keys to long term weight management..... and everyone needs to keep building on that foundation as we go through different events and stages in our life's.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Linda B.
on 6/7/15 10:57 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Sounds like a rough patch for sure. I hope you are going to be okay.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

toddwho23
on 6/8/15 5:23 am

Some of that sounds pretty terrifying, and I hope you're okay! I think this is a good place to find encouragement, but I do hope you have someone face-to-face you can vent/share with as well. Finding strength in your routine is a positive first step to coping and remaining on track. It's awesome that you can recognize that rote can be okay and promote resiliency versus being a burden - especially when other stressors are so do chaotic and emotionally damaging. 

Stay strong, stick with things you can control, and find a support to help you swim through the chaos. Sending calming and safe mojo your way!

~Deb

Shel25
on 6/8/15 5:52 am

I am sorry to see so much going on in your life.  But it made me smile when I saw "nutritionist trying to force bread into my diet" ranked right up there. 

You are a yoga person, right?  I just started it and have heard so much about building a strong foundation.  Great job in building your sleeve foundation.

Go Blackhawks!  

~Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Stacy_WLS
on 6/8/15 6:06 am

Thank you everyone.  It is odd, it was scary and just smiling through it and pretending it didn't happen is how I used to deal with it.  I have been working with a therapist and realizing that acknowledging it and feeling it is the best way to get through it.  So posting last night that just came out like yeah it happened, but I forget how it affects other people.  I don't mean to be putting this on other people or seeking sympathy, but I kind of am accepting what happened and moving on from it.  

So I'm sorry if that post upset anyone.  I am ok and working through everything.  This board has been a huge support for me.  Life just gets crazy sometimes.  

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Pamela M.
on 6/8/15 9:25 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

Stacy, please don't apologize for being honest on this forum.  I can only speak for myself, but I always look for and enjoy reading your posts and I always appreciate your honesty.  I am truly sorry that you have suffered these recent hardships.  I know that you are a strong person and you can and will get through this.  Please don't forget all your victories and successes and remember what an amazing person you are.  I am saying a prayer for you that the way will be brighter and smoother for you and that there will be someone in your corner that is trustworthy.  Keep being real with us and don't withdraw.  You are a true inspiration!  Don't let anything keep you down!  Sending you a hug!!!   Pam

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

Gwen M.
on 6/8/15 7:39 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm sorry that things aren't great right now.  But I'm glad that you've worked really hard to give yourself a solid foundation that will get you through.  Hang in there.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

GoBlueGirl1998
on 6/8/15 9:47 am - MI

You've had a lot going on!! You're tough and strong so keep working out and keep your head up!! Life throws us curve balls sometimes and we're only human!! Good luck and I hope things get better!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Tracy D.
on 6/8/15 11:17 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You were assaulted when someone broke into your house??  Oh my gosh, Stacy - that is awful!    I'm glad you're still working with your therapist and I'm proud of you for the strong foundation you've built to get you through the tough times. 

Hugs 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views