Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Sunday, 11/11/2018

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/18 5:00 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning. I'm freezing and trying to stay cozy with a warm cup of coffee. Wish we could just skip winter and go straight into spring where all the flowers begin to bloom again. The kittens got part of their shots yesterday, and in a couple weeks they will go back for the rest of them and then to be spayed and neutered.

I went to the reunion, but it was different than I thought it would be. It was nice to see them again and haven't seen any of them since graduating high school. After I graduated, I kind of dropped off the face of the earth, minus some occasional texting to one I was closest too. What I had been told was it was more of just our friend group getting together for dinner, I didn't know who all was really invited since I don't have a facebook, or instagram, or any sort of social media at all. Turned out to be a bigger event than anticipated, the dinner was pre-set and it was just appetizers. Southwest Egg rolls and loaded potato skins and cake. Skipped the potato skins and had an egg roll and a piece of cake. Not worth the calories, but the cake was at least moist, though I scraped all the frosting off, butter cream frosting wrecks my stomach. They all were doing shots and playing drinking games and I don't partake at all in that.

Mostly though, I just didn't have a ton in common with anyone. Everyone had families they had started up, they wanted to talk about their children which is of course normal lol. It was just me *****ally does not care for children at all and after so many baby pictures of babies that are identical to one another (from someone who doesn't oo and aww over babies) I was just bored. Though it was funny that no one knew who I was until I told them. When I walked in my best friend from high school hugged me and then asked "I'm sorry, can you remind me of your name?" She couldn't believe it was me.

That being said, I am still very glad I went to see some people, and I collected their numbers, but bowed out after about an hour and a half.

QOTD: How old would you be if you didn't know your actual age?

I feel that I'm older than my actual age. Not physically, but mentally and emotionally. (Let's ignore the bed full of stuffed animals.) It's harder for me to relate to my own age group, and even more so for someone younger. My two best friends in the whole world are 60+! I find I am quite a bit more serious than other my age, I'm a bit more old fashioned with some of my opinions and beliefs, and I'm A-OK with that. I love my mental age.

Accountability- I had cake at the reunion. Was it worth it? Yeah, it was tasty, but it was butter cream frosted so I scraped it all off. Buttercream makes my stomach hurt pretty much immediately. I'm guessing the Southwest Egg Rolls weren't great calorie wise, but I didn't gorge on them despite having saved up calories for having a dinner out. The cake was probably the bigger hit.

Breakfast- Salsa omelette with chicken and cheese

Lunch- Fajita steak and corn tortillas

Dinner- Homemade chili with some cheese

Snack- Apple, turkey and cheese roll-ups

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/11/18 5:23 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm sorry the reunion was disappointing. I guess you are the age when babies are all the rage. In another 10 years or so people are more interesting again - changing careers, etc. But then they get to my age and just talk about grandchildren (LOL).

QOTD: Very interesting question. I think I'd be around 40 maybe? Because I don't feel as old as I used to think people were in their 60's. But I don't want to go back to work...

2 Years 7 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 23 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles, and cottage cheese

D: salmon burger (making SIL's recipe - I hope it turns out as good as hers)

S: homemade cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

AnnieG522
on 11/11/18 6:06 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Mersh, my50th HS reunion is in 2020 -- and I'm not going. We're going out (Washington State) for a family next summer since only 4 of mum's siblings (there were 9) are coming , and I really don't have any desire to put myself through HS again! HS was okay - I was a cheerleader, active in groups and appeared to have lots of friends, few of whom actually knew me at all. the few I care about, we've kept in touch with letters and now texts and PMs.

QOTD: How old would you be if you didn't know your actual age? I think probably around 11 years old with my endless summer ahead. Just have never felt "old". That said, I would not say immature, just still hopeful about life.

I have been incredibly ill with 2nd bout of sinus and this new major antibiotic has messed with my system horribly. So my eating has been spotty and weird.

B: 1 Canadian bacon, 1/4 homemade waffle

L: Homemade low fat rice pudding

D: Salad with shredded chicken

Yogurt some time

Glad you went, glad you came home intact.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

facetedginger
on 11/11/18 7:51 am

Good morning! I'm freezing as well. I actually was cold all summer so this is a challenge for me. We didn't have a ton of extra worked into our budget for this month as I'm trying to save up for our Christmas vacation but I did have to get a coat yesterday. I managed to get one at a big box store for $20, so I'm not terribly upset about it.

I've never been to a reunion but think I'll try to make it to my next one.

QOTD: How old would you be if you didn't know your actual age? I'd be probably in my 70s. I feel like I've already done so much and been through so many things that I'm content at home taking care of the house and cooking without any desires to get out and do anything. I've always been an old soul and it seems to be holding up as I age.

B: Coffee and Bari Cereal

L: Chicken strip

D: Ribs and green beans

Kristi T.
on 11/11/18 9:49 am, edited 11/11/18 1:49 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! I'm sorry the reunion wasn't what you thought it would be. I left my town after graduation and didn't return for any reunions, I also kept in contact with no one. I didn't go to my 30th reunion in 2014 for the exact reason you stated. I would have nothing in common, I didn't start a family and I know their would be pictures of people's grandchildren(I am that old:-) My 35th is next summer, I am contemplating going, but still am not sure. I think I would have bowed out after an hour and a half too! Your small group of friends and family that you have now are even more important when you realize that you have nothing in common with those from the past:-)

The Lutefisk dinner was nice last night, we sat at a table with two people from my mother's small town high school. It was a nice surprise for her to see them after 50+ years! Tonight is one last community event, a spaghetti dinner fund raiser... I wonder who we will see there?

QOTD-Like you Mersh, my friends are older than me as well. Mentally I feel my age, but physically for the first time I feel like I could be in my 30's.

B-1/3 cup granola, bullet coffee

L-1/2 cup 2%Fage with peaches and pumpkin seeds

S-Hot tea

D-Meatballs without the pasta, salad

E-Walk with Emmy

Have a good Sunday! Edited: Forgot to answer QOTD.

FreedomGirl
on 11/11/18 5:03 pm
VSG on 12/27/18

QOTD: Probably 54 lol. Even though I'm only 31, I'm very old fashioned. I don't like social media and I'm not obsessed with my phone like people in my generation. I like talking to people face to face or on the phone as opposed to via text message. I don't like going out to clubs or bars or concerts either lol. Maybe I'm just an introvert haha.

Food: Jenny Craig

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

5'6" Female 31 years old

HW: 273 / SW: 261 / GW:140

Gwen M.
on 11/12/18 5:23 am
VSG on 03/13/14

For what it's worth, I went to my 10th and 15th high school reunions and felt very awkward and out of place. My 20th, however? It was amazing. My classmates have turned into neat people. I've turned into a neat person. I'm really looking forward to my 25th in 2020. One of my friends, who went to the same school 12 years prior to me, said that her 5th and 10th were still just about people trying to show off their adult lives and getting drunk, but around 15 was when her classmates started to care less about those things and care more about connecting.

So.. I guess my point is, since I think you're younger than I am, give it time. Try again in 5-10 years :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views