Desari63’s Posts

Desari63
on 6/7/12 4:17 am
Topic: RE: I couldn't do it!
To be honest..I had forgotten all about this site when I registered several years ago which is why I ended up creating a new account (found the old one BTW). Anyway since I found OH again I have been here everday while at work, reading the entries, getting help when needed, etc. It's addicting and I'm not sure how to stop but at least you did better than me..ANd I'm Post Op!

I made it to work and BAM...OH again..LOL!

Love you guys!

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 6/7/12 4:11 am
Topic: RE: Okay..I know I'm gonna get slapped for this but....
See?? I know it...just slap me! I thought it might have the word "Victory" in it but I couldn't for the life of me figure out the rest...

Thanks for the answer and everyone have a great day!

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 6/7/12 4:03 am
Topic: RE: WooHoo - Really?
Down to the last pair of jeans in the closet that I haven't been able to wear in YEARS!!!! I hate clothes shopping but maybe, just maybe, this time will be different...I might actually like shoppint...hmmmm?

Anyway, Congrats and keep up the good work! 

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 6/7/12 4:00 am
Topic: RE: Roller Coasters, the new ish!
Congrats!! I know that feeling...Rode rides at Six Flags over Texas with room to spare...

Ain't life grand!

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 6/7/12 3:58 am
Topic: RE: What on Earth did I just do?!?! Signed up for the Detroit Marathon!!
Get yourself a good pair of sneaks and....RUN FORREST, RUN!!!!

Good luck and have a great time!

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 6/7/12 3:56 am
Topic: RE: Okay..I know I'm gonna get slapped for this but....
What the hell does "NSV" mean? And I know it's gonna be an easy one if I just think about it but man...I'm having a brain fart...LOL!

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 6/7/12 3:28 am
Topic: RE: Not feeling great...need advice from vets
Amen!! I'm off all meds since a week before surgery and I haven't looked back since. I had my 3 month check up and my A1C was 6.5! My doctor loves me now..LOL! The only thing I'm taking daily is my Prilosec for reflux in case I have it but that's it..

Loving life again!

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 6/5/12 9:43 am
Topic: RE: Thinking about having surgery on my arms Need opinions
My friend had her legs/arms done at the same time. Best thing she ever did but MAN!!! She also said it was the most painful of the 4 things (she also had her boobs and tummy done).

I'm pretty sure I'll have it done as some point but not anytime soon since I'm just 3 months PO...

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 6/5/12 9:40 am
Topic: RE: Last TWO WEEKS... Only LOST...
When I hit a stalling point, I go back to week 2 or 3 of my post op diet for about a week or so. That usually kick starts the process all over again.

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 6/5/12 9:25 am
Topic: RE: Mexico? wondering why
Exactly! My insurance didn't cover it either..even with co-morbidities! So self pay was the way to go for me. Came up with the deposit and they financed the rest for me. Total cost of the surgery was $8400.00 but if I pay it off early (which I have the option w/o penalty) the cost will only be about $6800.00. That still saved me well over $9000.00 from having to pay for it here in the US. My care in Mexico was excellent and I would do it all over again when and if I need to have any additional surgeries done to fix what the weight loss did (boobs, arms, legs, tummy). 

Hope this helps!

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 6/4/12 9:48 am
Topic: RE: Stage 3 - Here we go!
If you like mexican food, then try refried beans with queso mixed in to make it more creamier. I was able to do that for about 3 wks before my stomach said...um...no..LOL! May work for you better than it did for me. Also try the Campbell Soup at hand soups...they work good too.

Congrats!

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 6/4/12 9:45 am
Topic: RE: help with eating issue
I had this problem as well when I started eating normal (well normal for us..LOL!) foods again and the dr said it's because you haven't had any solid foods for a while so your body is re-adjusting to foods again. This will pass but jus****ch what you eat for a while and see what seems to trigger it more than usual...

Congrats on the surgery and a new adventure in your life!!!

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 6/4/12 8:48 am
Topic: RE: 11days Post-op, just a few questions.
I had a 10 hour truck ride back from Mexico when I had my surgery. Had to stop every 4 hours or so just get my stomach to stop being so sore. Walking is always good and helps with the tenderness but it should go away in a few weeks then you'll feel much better..

Congrats!

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 6/4/12 8:42 am
Topic: RE: In Mexico, surgery in less than 4 hours!
I too had my surgery in Juarez, Mexico and you're right...I would have never gotten the care I did there anywhere here in the US! I would have been kicked out of the hospital after the 2nd day and on pain meds as well. As it was I was off of the IV and pain medication the next day with no further problems. Meds are so different there then they are here. I would recommend surgery in Mexico any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Congrats on the surgery and beginning a new adventure in your life!!! 

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 6/4/12 8:23 am
Topic: RE: anyone else got this feeling?
I don't get the needle-***** pains but when I eat something that my tummy is not liking, I get this pain in my chest like someone is banging a hammer on me. So I stop eating, get up and walk. Most of the time it works but there has been a few times that the pains goes on for about 2 hrs until it drops down further into my stomach.

Not sure this helps but...

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views