restaurants closed for feedign the obese Can you believe it?

Marquess
on 2/2/08 8:38 am - Little Elm, TX
I think they are trying to pass a law in Massachusetts making it a crime to use "corporal punishment" to rear your children.  How do you like them apples?? I hate child abuse just like anyone else but to tell me I cant spank my child in the rump if he or she misbehaes? C'mon!!! Arleen

Serendipity_888
on 2/2/08 9:29 am - Saint Albert, Alberta, Canada
This bill will *never* pass.  It directly violates civil rights.  It's ridiculous - and frankly, I don't know if the politicians who "decided" this was a good idea even understand what "obese" means.  I think in their small little minds, it's 300 pounds or larger, when in reality it's a BMI of 30.  I've seen photos of the three men who launched this bill, and I'd venture a guess that two of them have BMIs 30 or over. Obesity is the last socially acceptable form of discrimination.  We can have bills passed to discriminate, but our insurance companies are still making it next to impossible to have WLS.  Go figure! 

Sarah

Duodenal Switch - Dr. Brian Lane (formerly of Wood County Hospital in Bowling Green, OH) - January 2007

Cosmetic Reconstruction - Dr. Francisco Sauceda (Monterrey, MX) - September 2010

plusizedbarbie
on 2/2/08 1:05 pm - Manahawkin, NJ
OMFG HOW INFURAITING!!!!!!!
MY WLS RECIPE BLOG!  -- Check it out http://plusizedbarbie.blogspot.com/

Lilypie - (vbmr)    Lilypie - (fb9N)

Changed for good
                            ...september 17, 2007...

Most Active