restaurants closed for feedign the obese Can you believe it?

gloria S.
on 2/2/08 6:24 am - Hesperia, CA
NEWSCHANNEL 3) - Several lawmakers in the state of Mississippi want to make it illegal for restaurants to serve obese customers. The bill, which is already drawing a lot of controversy, would allow health inspectors to yank the permit from any restaurant that repeatedly feeds extremely overweight customers. Mississippi is ranked as the most overweight state in the nation, with about two-thirds of Mississippians considered overweight or obese.

This is the subject of tonight's Fast Feedback. Do you think a law banning restaurants from feeding obese customers is discriminating?

Lori Black
on 2/2/08 6:30 am - , IN
We were just talking about this on the DS forum today.  I'm so mad about it I could spit!  GRR!!!  I made the point that if they're going to do this, they may as well lock us all in starvation concentration camps and kill us off so the world won't have to deal with the likes of those who are fat!  GRRRR!!!  Yeah, it's completely discriminating!  Sorta reminds me of segregation, only you keep out the fatties, not the African Americans. 
PattyL
on 2/2/08 6:47 am
You can read the bill here: http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/documents/2008/html/HB/0200 -0299/HB0282IN.htm And it's for anyone who is obese.  BMI 30 and above.  In all indoor eating places with 5 or more chairs.  So I guess there will be a scale and a BMI chart by the front door. Someone posted about this on the Mississippi Board yesterday.  No reaction, no response.
pegleg63
on 2/2/08 6:51 am - Taylor, WI
There was a post about this yesterday I can't remember if it was on this forum or the RNY forum.  One person who posted said this was already passed and would go into effect on July 1rst.  It is discriminating!  What next ban us from buying ice cream at the grocery store?
weightloss.jpg weightloss image by pegleg63Beth    
rt_in_ab
on 2/2/08 6:57 am - Canada
WTF!???? How in the world can this even be legal?? It is complete discrimination! People HAVE to eat and HAVE THE RIGHT to eat out! Are they planning on passing a law that will not permit bars and other establishments that serve alcohol, to serve someone who is drunk?
Take Care, Ros

Patti B.
on 2/2/08 7:30 am - Meyersdale, PA
This is just plain stupid    But I wanted to let you know It  is illegal to serve alcohol to someone who is already drunk atleast here in Pa it is

Patti B       

Here is a test to see if your mission in life is complete: If you're still alive it isn't

Dolores O.
on 2/2/08 7:00 am
That Bill won't last long.  It violates everyone's civil rights.  OH boy.  This is going to get really interesting.

Dolores~

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/08 7:04 am - Lethbridge, Canada
Restaurants need to use common sense.... like post a thing saying that customers are only allowed 2-3 trips up to the buffet instead of 7 or 8. People eating at these establishments should also use common sense.... like how much do they REALLY need to eat? I go to buffets now and again. I'm lucky if I can get through 1 plate. Sheesh..... *hugs* Lori
Kenipela05
on 2/2/08 7:05 am - La Puente, CA
It is complete discrimination! People have the right to eat where ever they want.  What's next, Banning overweight people from grocery shopping????

SophieGrace
on 2/2/08 7:11 am - IL
This will never, ever get past the talking phase. The ACLU and personal injury lawyers would be all over this like white on rice, and the idiots who proposed this have to know that. They are probably trying to make some kind of point. Don't get your panties in a bunch.  It will never happen.

SophieGrace 

Most Active