OMG....I bought something on eBay while on Ambien!!

Ludia
on 4/23/08 1:12 am - NY

Your story made me think of something funny that happened last Summer.  I wasn't taking any Ambien, but it was a similar feeling.

I like to shop online.  I like things delivered to my office.  With clothes, I can try them on and send something back with ease from the office.  The mail room guys seem to enjoy my face lighting up when they come to my desk.

Last year, right after we got our end of Fiscal Year bonuses, I was shopping a lot for warm-weather wear.  One day, a guy from the mail room comes up and hands me two packages from Roamans.  I get their catalogs, but haven't ordered from them in a decade. 

I was stunned.  I couldn't remember ordering from them.  I opened the packages.  One blouse was a cafe color (not a good color for me) and was 2 sizes too small.  There was also a black velour anorak (I already have two!).

I went numb.  The only thing I could figure was that I ordered these in my sleep!!!

I looked again at the package and saw that it was addressed to a different "Denise" in my office!  The mailroom guy just looked at the first name.  I took it to her and apologized profusely.  She thought it was hilarious.

I was soooo relieved!

I've yet to do Ebay in my sleep.  My biggest fear about Ambian is that I can't take it and sleep "nekkid"!

Amethyst H.
on 4/23/08 1:45 am - WA
Hahaha, that reminds me of Sundays Desperate Housewives.  Orson was totally sleepwalking naked.  Too funny!
Elisa K.
on 4/23/08 1:21 am - Lumberton, NJ
Holy crap - that is both scarey and hilarious at the same time!!  Seriously - you may want to call your doctor, and get a different sleep aid.  Yikes!!
Amethyst H.
on 4/23/08 1:35 am - WA
That guitar is HOT!  Just one concern... are you sure it was actually you that was made the purchase?  Is it possible someone else got into your ebay account and made the purchase for you with your paypal information? I would  check your internet history log and see just how much research you did on your computer.  If you don't have it in your system, you might want to change your passwords and contact the seller to make sure they have the correct address for you so that no one else is going to get your awesome new guitar!  I am totally jealous by the way!  I have wanted to learn guitar for about 15 years and never have gotten around to it.  I think I am getting close to doing it, just need to buy a guitar.  :oP
barbccrn
on 4/23/08 1:50 am - Las Vegas, NV
OMG!!!!! It must of been a BAD Ambien night. Dawn just posted on the RNY board apologizing for anything she might have said last night. Her son found her slumped over the computer. The guitar is HOT!!! Can I borrow it so that I can learn how to play with my man...Jon Bon Jovi???

PhotobucketPhotobucket

rhonda39520
on 4/23/08 1:51 am - Bay St Louis, MS
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not click on anything in that e-mail. PLease go directly to your paypal account and check if you a paid for anything, if you did then you probably did bid and buy, But I recieved a similar e-mail saying i purchased a big screen TV, well i immediately checked my paypal account , nothing, so i send the e-mail to ebay , it was a scam trying to get people to open the e-mail so they can get your computer and personal info.    

http://www.ioffer.com/selling/gulfqueen">
http://i2.iofferphoto.com/imgs/banners/sell/makeadeal234static.gif" width="234" height="60" border="0" alt="iOffer.com, an easier way to buy and sell.">

mrsbu
on 4/23/08 1:58 am - Charlotte, NC
RNY on 02/21/08 with
I have done the same thing many many times just last week spent 1500.00 on a brief case. I have purchased a power washer, king size silk tufted headboard ( right headboard wrong color ) a diamond tennis neckalce, 10 pairs of gold and semi precious stone earrings and aprox. 3500.00 in clothes from silhouettes. The most part that was while I was on another sleeping pill, the brief case was all AMDIEN LOL. In my defense I really want that briefcase, I now have taken all my credit cards away from my computer area . I have never had sex while taking it as my husband sleepslike a rock and no waking him up once he is snorring away. As I have said before I have vacuumed while I was asleep which is something I would never do awake.It's funny to me and my friends as I have now added drunken dialing to my Ambien repatories
Sandra Mannaravalappil......The Best Darn Chubby Realtor in Charlotte LOL

Ludia
on 4/23/08 5:04 am, edited 4/23/08 5:05 am - NY
mrsbu:  If I could teach myself to "Sleep Houseclean" I'd break down the doctors door to get Ambien!  (I utterly hate cleaning house but I dream about my home being clean!!!)
L M
on 4/23/08 5:05 pm - MS
mrsbu, Consider reporting your experiences to the fda. They have a website fda.gov. I think ambien should be taken off the market.
SophieGrace
on 4/23/08 2:12 am - IL

I had taken Ambien for about two months without incident. Then, one day, without benefit of ANY other drugs in my system, I got up at my usual time, threw on clothes, caught my ride (who saw nothing amiss), and began teaching a class.  I was talking out of my head.  I "came to" looking at the horrified faces of high school students. Later I was hauled into the principal's office, where I was asked if I were drunk and demanded they get the cops in there with a breathalyzer.  Needless to say, that was my last year on that job. That pill scares the crap out of me.  God alone knows what I could have done.  Thankfully I wasn't driving that day.  My God.

SophieGrace 

Most Active