OMG....I bought something on eBay while on Ambien!!

BustersMommy 2010
on 4/23/08 12:41 am
I've had episodes of sleepeating before after taking Ambien, but last night I managed to log into eBay and bought..................an electric guitar?!!  I have no memory of doing any of this, but I paid for it using the "buy it now" option.  WTF?????   So can you imagine the shock I got this morning when checking my emails and saw the confirmation email of the purchase I made???!!!!  Even more insane, I must have looked at quite a few, because it looks like I at least made a decent choice.....LOL.  I'm at least THANKFUL that it wasn't an expensive purchase either and only spent $140 and looks like I'm getting a glossy pink electric guitar, complete with Amp, cable, straps, whammy bar, and a case! My first thought was to try and contact the seller and let them know I had made a mistake, but then decided....what the heck.  It might be fun to try and learn, so I guess I've found a new hobby....lol I wonder if this had anything to do with that crazy dream I had a few weeks ago about being on stage with Eddie Van Halen and panicking because I didn't know how to play? The lesson to be learned from this.........be VERY careful if you take Ambien. I did take 2 Motrin PMs along with it, so don't know if that may have had anything to do with it. My DH freaked out when he found out of course, but surprised me by laughing his a$$ off, rather than yelling at me.  The only comment he had was that he only wished that I'd turn into a nympho and jump his bones instead of shopping on ebay while on Ambien!! Well, anyways.......here's a picture of the guitar I bought last night......what do you think??
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/08 12:47 am - CA
Exactly one year ago tomorrow, a friend of mine was on Ambien.  She thought she was getting a great night's sleep and felt refreshed in the morning.  Truth is she spent little time either sleeping or in bed.  At some point after getting up and doing who knows what she went back to bed and surprised her hubby with the best sex ever (a night he still talks about and she has no memory of), and somewhere in the process she disposed of her wedding ring, engagement ring, and her Grandmother's ring...and they have never been found since.  They have torn the house apart and it is now called the "Ambien Blackout".  She went off the meds and will no longer take any sleeping meds.  This being said, I sure hope you learn to play the guitar.  At least you are getting something for your money ::)
BustersMommy 2010
on 4/23/08 1:00 am
OMG! That story was terrifying and horrible about the loss of her wedding & engagement rings I'd be ok with having the great sex while on Ambien- as long as it's with my DH....LOL! It still scares the crap out of me, but I'm trying to find humor in this experience and know that I could have bought something much worse!!!!  Thank gawd I didn't go nuts and buy a $5,000 handbag or something........LOL!!
Elizabeth N.
on 4/23/08 9:47 am - Burlington County, NJ
Have you tried any other medications for sleep? If not, it might be a good idea, since it looks like Ambien is getting kind of expensive for you :-). I take Rozerem and trazadone with excellent results, and no problem with doing things I don't remember later (which I had with Ambien).
Kathy W.
on 4/23/08 12:51 am - TN
Your story is both funny and scary.  I have thought about asking my doctor for a sleep aid (such as Ambien), but I'm too afraid to take anything like that because I live alone.  
BustersMommy 2010
on 4/23/08 1:04 am
I can understand your fear. Even though I'm married, I still have horrible thoughts of doing something really crazy like getting into my car and driving someplace during one of my "Ambien moments".  Now, if I plan on taking it I warn my DH and tell him that if he catches me going downstairs to be sure and wake my butt up or throw water on me! lol If you have trouble sleeping, I'd suggest trying something more mild such as Tylenol PM or Melatonin first and see if that helps.
rosesrkim
on 4/23/08 12:54 am
Cool, it is a pretty one.  Save my Ebay store rosesrkim if you ever feel like shopping at night again..... Have fun playing Kim
BustersMommy 2010
on 4/23/08 1:05 am
LOL!  I'll have to check it out, but only when I'm awake! 
sionnaingeal
on 4/23/08 12:56 am - Coventry, RI
Cute guitar. =) Ambien has a long history of sleep walkers. My husband was on it for a while and sleep-walked, ate the fridge empty, scared the crap outa me, had conversations with himself, and did any number of scarey things till I told him to dump em in the toilet cuz now -I- was losing sleep hehe. Good luck with your new toy.

I am now a HOME OWNER!   Check out my House Blog!

Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader

36 lbs from goal!

BustersMommy 2010
on 4/23/08 1:08 am
LOL......my DH told me that sometimes I will come downstairs and he once watched me scarf down 2 bananas in less than a minute.  It was really weird because he said I looked like I was wide awake, my eyes were open, and I even answered me when he spoke to me......but I remembered NONE of it It's scary..... Thanks for wishing me luck with the new toy......I'm going to need it!! lol
Most Active