V8... does it taste good?

wendy_fou
on 6/22/08 2:23 am - AR
I've just bought some V8 at the grocery store.   I figured it was a good way to add some vegetables into my diet along with some fiber.   My question is... does it taste good?  I hate most of the vegetables in it, so I worry it will actually taste like them.  (I know that sounds like a given, but some people have told me it doesn't - so I gotta ask.)
Stella-Blue
on 6/22/08 2:25 am - Where the four winds blow me safely home, NY
I can vouch for the ORANGE stuff.  It's OK.
huskerfan85
on 6/22/08 2:27 am - Colorado Springs, CO
I like it, but really do not like the low sodium version.  I do cook with the low sodium version...add it to my chili, and meat loaf sometimes....I think it tastes like tomato juice with a kick.  Good luck.
Gayle  6'2" 

RosieHawk
on 6/22/08 2:27 am - Ottawa, Canada
I love V8 juice but then again I like tomato juice.  Maybe try cooking with it if you don't like it straight (stews or soups).

HW 290/ SW 250/ GW 140-145/ LW 120/ CW 168

REACHED GOAL IN 8 MONTHS WITH MY DS!!!
FEB.22/ 08>> DS & JAN.23/ 09>> Breast Lift, Fleur de lis abdominoplasty, hernia repair
NOTE: My weight crept back up over the last 2.5 years, but I'm gonna stop that shit NOW!

Cristi A.
on 6/22/08 2:40 am - CA
I like to sip it hot with a little hot sauce added.   Or even at room temperature.  Can't stand it cold as tastes too much like tomato juice.

Cristi A.

LKH
on 6/22/08 2:50 am - CO
Regular V8 tastes just like tomato juice.  V8 Fusion tastes like smoothies.  I like the Banana Strawberry, but that's gonna add carbs.
janetb_skinny
on 6/22/08 2:50 am - Los Banos, CA
My 21 yr old son and I fight over the V-8 original! The new fruit blends are great, too. DH and son can't get enough of them. All a litle pricey for me, so I buy generic 'vegetable juice' when I can. Spice it up with some Tapatia.

janetb_healthy?!   5'4" -- HW 220/SW 211/CW 130/GW 130, Cbmi 22.3!

KimJ
on 6/22/08 2:51 am - Sacramento, CA
I did drink the V8 Splash (light version)... it tastes fruity, not so much like veggies... I also incorporated it into my diet when I was worried about my intake of  fuits/veggies... now I just eat fruits & veggies!

Cynthia L.
on 6/22/08 3:31 am - Clarence, NY

Pre-op, I loved regular V-8, but haven't tried it post-op yet.  I have some, so thanks for reminding me to use it.  On a day that my sodium intake is low, I'll make sure to have a small one for a snack, with  a little protein powder mixed in, perhaps.

-Cynthia 

chrissie_hynde_kitty_std-2-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castleBad boys get spanked. - Chrissie Hynde Lifeposter-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castle

sarah66
on 6/22/08 3:32 am - CT
RNY on 08/05/08 with
If you don't like tomato juice, you won't like regular original V-8.  It doesn't taste like the other veggies really at all.  I always drank it growing up with salt, pepper, a splash of lemon juice or Tabasco and ice cubes; they also make a spicy version now, which is extremely peppery.  I think the fruit versions are too sweet for me, but I feel that way about pretty much all fruit juices.

Most Active