High Iron

Kathleen W.
on 3/24/11 9:43 am - Lancaster, PA
Went to the doctors a couple of weeks because of a sinus infection and feeling really run down,  even though I get a good nights sleep.  After lab work, a  cat scan, seeing a hematologist,  I just found out yesterday that I have heredity chromatosis.  My iron level is slightly elevated but my ferritin level of very high.  Instead of being 225 or lower,  a couple of weeks ago, it was 755 and was told to stop taking kind of iron, whether it's a supplement or in a a multivitamin.  Yesterday, it was down to 525.  Now, I've got to go to a gastroenterologist so they can take blood from once a wee****il it's normal.. I was wondering if anybody else has it or knows someone who does.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/11 9:57 am - Switzerland
 Too much information to present here, but remember because of the oxidative stress on the liver it is important NOT to drink any alcohol. Chelation therapy should help but is a slow process. You need to look into Milk Thistle and SAMe as potent antioxidants.
Kathleen W.
on 3/24/11 10:01 am - Lancaster, PA
Thank you for the information.  I'm going to have to check it out.  Damn,  I have to give up my ale and Bailey's Irish Creme. LOL

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Most Active