UHC approved after appeal!!!

clstark1
on 3/25/11 5:14 am - Ballwin, MO
UHC approved me for RNY with my appeal!!! 

And the approval came 5 days before they said I would have any notification of approval or denial!!! This totally made my weekend!!!

Just had to share...

SandieMc49
on 3/25/11 5:22 am
Your good news gave me goosebumps - I'm so happy for you - welcome to the Club darlin!

Sandie
martitalinda
on 3/25/11 5:45 am
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooooooooo happy for you!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Cynthia Snyder
on 3/25/11 6:22 am - Butler, IN
I am sooooo happy and excited for you! I remember how excited I was for mine! God bless you!
Cindy
babs71958
on 3/25/11 8:07 am - Brunswick,OH/Ruskin/FL, FL
Congratulations on your approval!!!!
As a former UHC member, just a word of caution-they, too, approved my RNY 5 years ago.  Then when they received the bills from the surgeon, his assistant and anesthesiology, they denied everything, saying it wasn't approved.  After almost a year and several appeals from my surgeon's office,  I sent them copies of their own approval letter with my appeal letter, stating if I had known they were going to deny those payments I would have performed the surgery on myself, costing them, the insurance company, much more money in complications.  After 2 weeks,I received a letter stating they re-assessed my claims and paid all outstanding claims. 
Good luck...

Barb 

Desperately Seeking a revision to a DS.
Be  careful of the toes you step on today because they will be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow.

Blue_Rattie
on 3/25/11 2:29 pm
Woohoo!! Congrads =)

I cried the day UHC called me =P
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

Most Active