HELP I am going way off track.....

leesaleesa
on 3/27/11 5:10 am - San Marcos, CA
Well confession time....I have been off the website for months it seems and I have only lost 3 lbs in a few months I cant get it together... I dont know why my brain isnt letting me get it back on trac****ep doing that eating disorder thing where I say I will eat better tomorrow and eat way more than needed and WHY isnt my stomach hurting when I do eat too much (well most of the time it doesnt hurt) I am concerned my stomach actually is stretched out
 Is it possibly to have the stomach stretch out and eat "NORMAL"
I havent called the doctor cuz I know I am being naughty so I dont want a time out!!!! LOL .
... I actually walked today for the first time in forever... I keep hearing from people how good I look and then think oh I am good for now... but I know I will get way off track if I dont start losing again... I want to lose another 20 lbs for sure.....I know what to do I am being blind sided from stress and emotions and letting myself eat..
..waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah                  waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

Any input will be awesome!! Thanks for listening  to be B!*@#
"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anybody can start today and make a new ending!!"

Susan S.
on 3/27/11 6:22 am - Roselle, NJ
I"m cranky today...so please forgive...but what do you want to hear....that everything will be fine........don't be so hard on yourself? Here's the deal. It only gets harder. You still have the 'window' open. It will close soon and then you will wonder why on earth you squandered that period of time when weight loss is actually easier. Because once your malabsorption is reversed (happens by 18-24 months out) it takes a different level of effort to lose anymore weight. 4-5 years out if you make poor choices you will see more than the inevitable 15% regain. So if you want to lose 20 more pounds and stay there a few years from now you have to lose more! yes you can overeat to the point where you pouch and stoma are pretty much useless. It takes focused effort to do that but plenty of people have. Don't use stress/emotions for a reason.....there isn't a single person on here that doesn't understand that....but that's the battle. Finding other ways to cope with life's challenges. I lost my mom and sister within months of each other...and left my husband......lost my job. I know of stress. I didn't eat it. I took it to the gym. You decide with the next meal that you're going to focus on protein and veges...none of this 'tomorrow' crap. Use the 10-10-10 rule. How will this choice make me feel in 10 minutes (any food choice is all about immediate gratiification and only lasts about 10 minutes)....10 days (imagine 10 days from now being able to say I did well).....10 months (imagine having that 20 pounds gone!) It's one meal at a time.....one day at a time but you can't put it off. BE ON OH EVERY DAY!!!!! I so mean this. Anytime I read "I haven't been on here for ________ and I'm regaining...."......I cringe. Stay connected to people who understand and share your struggle.....and who will hold you accountable. Post you daily intake of food everyday. We'll be more effective than your bariatric surgeon at telling you to knock it off. You posted today......that's a great first step....now take the next. No more excuses! Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

leesaleesa
on 3/27/11 6:30 am - San Marcos, CA
Susan,
Thank you so very much I needed that....awwwww I know all of it..and you are awesome for taking time outta your life and refreshing me I really know whats up and I get so twisted up in everyday stuff like everyone else in the world. (p.s. I am so sorry for your loss I love my mom with all my heart and soul and GOD knows how hard it is to pull ourselves back up and get back our strength...so more power to ya sister)  Really thank you, and I want to get back on here and I will post my food...it makes me realize wtf I am doin  so I am proud to say I walked today  ... YAY ME!!!
PeAcE

(also I am happy to say I am not eating "wrong" foods jus too much of the "right" ones)
"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anybody can start today and make a new ending!!"

charlotte180
on 3/27/11 7:25 am, edited 3/27/11 7:26 am - Phoenix, AZ
On March 27, 2011 at 1:22 PM Pacific Time, Susan S. wrote:  You still have the 'window' open. It will close soon and then you will wonder why on earth you squandered that period of time when weight loss is actually easier. Because once your malabsorption is reversed (happens by 18-24 months out) it takes a different level of effort to lose anymore weight.

Ok.. what???? What do you mean the malabsorption gets reversed????

Susan S.
on 3/27/11 7:35 am - Roselle, NJ
 The body is remarkable and it reverses the malabsorptive element of the surgery but growing more absorptive capacity in the remaining small intestive (tiny structures that line the small intestine proliferate to increase the absorptive capacity).  Takes about 2 years.  That coincides with the general pattern of weight loss post RNY (generally 18 - 24 months)   After that period we still have restriction, but our malabsorption is greatly compromised.    Hope that helps.    Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

charlotte180
on 3/27/11 7:40 am - Phoenix, AZ
 Wow.  I had NO idea. I went to 3 seminars at my surgeon's office, where they talked about the malabsorbtion but never once mentioned that it wouldn't last.  

You think maybe, we might want to actually know that????

cindyls06
on 3/27/11 1:48 pm - Marietta, GA
liveinphx
on 3/27/11 7:46 am - Phoenix, AZ
On March 27, 2011 at 2:25 PM Pacific Time, charlotte180 wrote:
On March 27, 2011 at 1:22 PM Pacific Time, Susan S. wrote:  You still have the 'window' open. It will close soon and then you will wonder why on earth you squandered that period of time when weight loss is actually easier. Because once your malabsorption is reversed (happens by 18-24 months out) it takes a different level of effort to lose anymore weight.

Ok.. what???? What do you mean the malabsorption gets reversed????

I am always surprised that more RNY folks do not know about the malabsorbtion diminishing after about 2 years. At least the malabsorbtion of calories/food while the  vitamin/mineral thing goes on forever.
The original poster had vsg so there was no malabsorbtion to start with.
I do agree that as we get further out it is easier to slip in to unhealthier behaviors which can lead to regain regardless of surgery type. I think for RNY folks who may count on malabsorbtion being there forever this can be a bigger issue.
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
dridlen
on 3/27/11 6:44 am - gillette, WY
 Wonderful reply, which by the way I needed to hear also. I love the 10/10/10 thing and will keep that and use that from this day forward. 

So leesaleesa I am with youand understand where you are coming from and will support you cause i need the support also. 

Thanks for posting and thanks to the one *****plied.

Dottie

Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader
236 (highest)/228 (at surgery)/136.8(currently)

Most Active