So frustrated.....

dlphn810
on 4/4/11 3:10 am - Plainsboro, NJ
Hi everyone.
I'm not really sure where I'm going to go with this. Really frustrated the last 3 days and just need to vent so thanks in advance for reading.

Friday I took off work and my extremely supportive b/f and I spent over 5 hours clothes shopping, going from every store you could think of,  trying on shirts and jeans over and over again. A little background - I had surgery 6mths ago, weighing in at 280 and a size 24/26. I'm now down 86lbs, 194 and in between a 14/16. So while I am extremely grateful for the accomplishment, I'm so frustrated. My closet is bare and I'm still wearing sizes 18-22 clothes because I'm in that in between stage and can't find a thing that fits right--and on a very limited budget.  I think too that I'm having trouble seeing myself in the 14's and accepting my smaller frame. The 14's are "form fitting" and I'm accustomed to wearing "flowing" shirts that would not show I had a belly. With that said, I cried my eyes out after I left every store on Friday and of course didn't come home with 1 thing in hand. So what was the effect of all the negative emotions --- it led to emotional eating -- which is also the first time I've really done that since surgery. I carbed up over the weekend,  didn't log my food intake, gave into temptations and cravings but not too excessively. In return, of course I felt physically like crap, had no energy, felt like I gave up, etc, etc. Granted today is a new day and I'm starting over eating right and logging but feel like I wasted 3 days. I'm going for my 6mth f/u appt Thursday and really wanted to be closer to 190 when I weighed in with the NUT. But it is what it is. Also I've had a fracture on the bottom of my right foot for awhile. Went to the dr again for it this past week and was sent home with a big ol boot to wear, another MRI, Xrays, and was told NO cardio!! I was ticked! I finally signed up for the gym a few weeks ago and now told NO cardio, treadmills, elipticals, bikes, etc -- just weight training. Ugghhh...Anyway - I guess that's the end of my rant. Just need to get it out somewhere....Thanks for being here OH group!!

Brenda.
Susan S.
on 4/4/11 3:23 am - Roselle, NJ
Meet me in Edison and we'll go 'shopping' at TJMaxx......I'm a great stylist and understand so very much the issue of being able to see yourself. I still walk up to plus size clothing thinking it's where I am. Your foot will heal......and you'll be back to cardio in no time. One day at a time. Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

dlphn810
on 4/4/11 3:40 am - Plainsboro, NJ
Awwww, thanks Susan. That's sweet
I think that is the ONLY place I did not go to. lol. It reminds me of Marshalls and I have no patience for digging through racks. I'm so bad when it comes to that. I guess I'll need to work on that too. Anytime you want to go shopping, let me know. I'm game and it would be great to have someone in the area that's been through the same thing.
Thanks Susan,
Brenda.
VNARN
on 4/4/11 3:47 am - Desert Hot Springs, CA
I know it's kind of lame, but how about chair dancing for cardio?  It works mostly your upper body, but does get the heart pumping.  We have been doing it in our pre-surgery classes because we have some folks with hip and knee issues.
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 3:56 am
Many places have water arobics, you might want to look for that.
volleyballgirl
on 4/4/11 11:58 am - Germantown, MD
I wanted to share something my nutritionist told me after a set back- these surgeries force you to find other healthy means to handle stress other than overeating.  Go for a walk, call a trusted friend, watch a favorite movie, jam out to some great tunes, take a bath, give yourself a manicure, vent here on the message boards like you did.  This is a journey and there will be set backs as you are learning to make huge changes.
You have a lot to celebrate!  86 pounds lost!  Onederland!  A much healthier body and life!  Just because you are a size 14 doesn't mean you have to dress like a hoochie either.  Find what works for you.
Best of luck,
-K
Most Active