almost 8 months out....

lswaney
on 4/7/11 8:11 am - Whiteman AFB, MO
and STILL don't have hunger.  I was told it would be back by 3-4 months.  It kinda sucks because if I am busy and doing errands I will just completely forget and not even know what is wrong with me.  I am also having a difficult time with fluids STILL!!  I know I am not getting my 64 oz in a day.  Maybe 40 cause when I wake up every morning I feel dizzy.  Does anyone else have these issues? 

Another question is how far out did you consider getting plastics after you had your WLS??  I am 9 pounds away from goal and would like to start looking soon.  I was told by my surgeon to wait 18 months but I am only 8 months out and to goal.  Do I wait to goal or wait the 18 months???  I am torn. 

HeatherKing
on 4/7/11 12:50 pm
I am also almost 8 months out. I have little trouble getting my fluids in because I have a drink in my hand at all times. However, I'm not hungry. Like you, I still don't get hungry. I wonder if it isn't mental also, though. I know I was more mentally prepared than a lot of other people I know to do this surgery. I don't get to eat much yet. I still vomit about half the time. I guess we all have our little issues to work out.  ;)

As far as plastics go, I can only tell you what I'm going to do. My doc also said to wait. He said it's more because of the "bounce back" thing. I have read that we fluctuate in the end months, but of course, I've not experienced it yet. I know I want to do it now, but I don't want to do it twice, so I think I'll wait. I've dropped weight super fast and have completely passed my goal weight. I'm just trying right now to stop losing.

Good luck, 

Heather
(deactivated member)
on 4/8/11 12:14 am - Charlotte, NC
Listen to your WLS MD! You're way too soon post-op to know where you body is going to 'live'. It's difficult to understand what problmes you have taking liquids, but this far out I don't think they should be an issue. Hope NO Plastics MD would consider surgery with the dizziness or the liquids issues. The hunger, or lack of it, is part of most of theses surgeries and has to do with the ghrelin part of the stomach being gone.
I'm 13 yrs P/O and am never hungry and am thrilled about it. I eat to live now, not live to eat. The old way got me miserable.
Good luck to you.
lswaney
on 4/11/11 6:03 am - Whiteman AFB, MO
Thanks ladies:)

Most Active