Miserable

Mrs♥Toochi

on 4/7/11 8:19 am
 Hi , Im just looking for anyone that can give me a little advice or information.A little about me , I am 31 and had laprascopic RNY gastric bypass 10 weeks ago.The incision on the left side my surgeon always leaves open to pack everyday until it heals.The surgery went fine, but my wound is exceptionally deep.Went in about 7 inches.The wound has been healing pretty good.Ive had alot of pain issues with everything but I was managing.Until about a week ago.My left side is swollen and to the left of my incision its hard.I had a CT scan yesterday and it showed the abscess in my abdominal wall but it wasnt isolated it was kind of spread out.They thought about putting in a drain but due to it being spread out they wanted me to try antibiotics for several days first and see where that leads everything.I really dont want to have surgery again, but im in sooo much pain its crazy. Im scared , I just want to feel better.I try to look and see if anyone else has had similar problems that i can relate too.Any information or advice would be appreciated.Thanks!
                                                                                                       Jennifer
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/11 8:24 am
Ouch, I hope things get better soon.  I don't understand, are you saying your main or large incision was never glued or sutured? 
Miss_Kitty
on 4/7/11 9:04 am - New Bedford, MA
I wish I had some advice for you. I had a panni done over a year ago and I still have aches and pains related to it. I must compliment your pic though. It looks like your wedding photo and I must say that you look beautiful!

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/11 12:00 am - Charlotte, NC
An abscess is something to be concerned about. Keep in close contact with you surgeon and since it's Friday...call and find out WHO is taking call this weekend (I hope YOUR surgeon) and make sure that person knows about your problems and will BE AVAILABLE should you call. Do not hesitate going to the ER should you have a fever, or any other symptoms, including severe pain. Better another surgery than ICU or worse.
Mrs♥Toochi

on 4/8/11 6:55 am
Ty everyone for the replies . I woke up very early this morning to the whole front of my nightgown soaked in the front. All the fluid was coming out of the opening.I called the Dr. so I went in and they suctioned it for a long time.I did have some relief since it came out.Hopefully it will continue to come out with the antibiotics that I am taking.
(deactivated member)
on 4/9/11 10:00 am - Charlotte, NC
I hope that you are continuing to drain. No matter how gross it is, let the river run! At least it isn't inside of your belly now. Make sure you still keep a close eye on it. You sound like you have been on top of things. I'km still gonna keep you on my prayer list til I hear better.
Most Active