Im prego! what did you do when you were?

chickie_mama
on 4/7/11 11:40 pm
RNY on 08/18/09 with
mornin' all!  well it seems as though that I'm going to have a baby.  ( we are happy that we are )  i am  a bit  nervous about regaining weight during pregnancy and then have to loose it after.  what kind of diet did do? how much weight did you gain?  how did you loose it after birth and how much did you loose?

thanks,

Dee-cee

shantele7824
on 4/8/11 12:41 am - SAN PABLO, CA
no advise but wanted to congrads to you!!
First Meeting with Surgeon:2/10/2011  weight was 460
Surgery Date:5/03/2011  Weight was 428
Revsion To RNY 06/26/2012 Weight 

Frankie
on 4/8/11 1:27 am - NY
First off congratulations.  You will do great.  I'm currently almost 6yrs post op and I had a baby in 2009.  I gained 40lbs during that pregnancy  and lost most of it except 10lbs.  Jus****ch what you eat, get your protein in.  I exercised during my pregnancy which helped me alot, but speak with your doc before you do that.

Also go join the post-op pregnancy board, you will get a lot of good advice too.

Have a happy and healthy 9 months.

Fran

Kady
on 4/9/11 3:48 am - Lancaster County, PA
Congratulations! I would call your Ob/Gyn now to inform them that you have had WLS (if they don't already know) and are pregnant. Any pregnancy after WLS is considered high risk, and your doc might want to see you sooner, do blood work, etc. It can't hurt to call and inform them, kwim?

Jackie McGee
on 4/9/11 8:55 am, edited 4/9/11 9:09 am - PA
I gained 30 lbs while I was pregnant, and lost 60 lbs within 3 weeks of giving birth.

1. Don't let anyone tell you that your pregnancy ISN'T high risk!! Also, seriously discuss having a c-section - or you'll end up like me, being induced and then finding out that your abdomen is full of scar tissue and you have to have an emergency c-section.

2. Don't stop taking your vitamins, and make sure you add a pre-natal or talk to your WLS surgeon to see what he/she recommends - in conjunction with what your ob/gyn thinks is good for you.

3. Stay hydrated.

4. Cut down on your protein and up your carbs to make sure you stay out of ketosis.

5. Never be afraid to call your ob/gyn. No question is a stupid question when it comes to you and your tummy-baby.

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

Most Active