your WLS years from now

Dionysus
on 4/9/11 11:36 pm
MsBatt
on 4/10/11 1:52 am, edited 4/10/11 1:54 am
Given that I was unlikely to live another FIVE years when I chose to have surgery, I figure simply being ALIVE 40-50 years later will be miraculous enough. (*grin*)

Someone once posed the question "What happens to us when we get too old to take care of ourselves, or to communicate our needs to others?" My response was that I hope I died before that tiime came.

For me, it's all about the quality of my life RIGHT NOW, because NOW is all I can be certain of having. I could be hit by a bus tomorrow.

Oh, and just FYI---the very FIRST DS patient is still alive and well, into his eighties now. (*grin*)

Mary Catherine
on 4/10/11 2:17 am
 My sister is a dietitian at a nursing home.  She has cared for many people who had weight loss surgery.  She told me that the aging weight loss surgery patients are in much better health, more compliant with their diet and exercise, and more mobile than obese people who did not have surgery.  She said that they also take a lot of interest in their diet plan, demanding high protein, low carb meals.
Kate -True Brit
on 4/10/11 4:44 pm - UK

Seesm to me that being able to think about this is in iteslf a positive. Being morbidly obese literally means being at risk of death. So being able to wonder about what things will be like in 40 or 50 years time presupposes still being alive! MO people wouldn't have expected that to be the case!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active