Provigil......

dlphn810
on 4/8/11 4:36 am - Plainsboro, NJ

PROVIGIL is a prescription medicine used to improve wakefulness in adults who experience excessive sleepiness (ES) due to one of the following diagnosed sleep disorders: obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), shift work sleep disorder, also known as shift work disorder, or narcolepsy.

My doctor just recently put me on Provigil again - I was on it for awhile before surgery for chronic fatigue.
The past few days I'm noticing that it is very difficult to eat, have no desire to eat, loss of appetite, sometimes finding myself forcing myself to eat. When I do eat something it's very little, maybe 1/2 of what I would normally eat before I started taking it.

Has anyone been on it since they've had surgery? Do you know if it could slow digestion at all?

Thanks for your help!

Brenda.

khrystibug
on 4/8/11 7:46 am - CA
Provigil is a stimulant. Although it is not in the amphetamine class stimulant -- it can produce the same effects, and can produce weight loss. Stimulanys do not slow your metabolism down, don't worry about that. Loss of appetite is a side effect of this medication and eventually will level out. Not to worry.
                                   thebandedlife.bolgspot.com

Gloria-Caryl
on 4/8/11 8:33 am
   I'm on Nuvigil, similar and am having the same effects which I like! Did your dr. say you could take them after RNY?
Most Active