Are YOU a Failure? We'll Looks like we are in good Company

I am given the minimum amount of daily points on WW which is 29.  One week I tracked not only in sparkpeople.com BUT I also tracked WW points and 29 WW points came roughly out to 1200-1400 calories. 

A word of caution, I think you should NOT dip into the "extra flex points" that WW allows.  Also, I don't buy into the new rule that "fruts and veggies are free".  Those things may get you to eat TOO much.  The last thing I did not do was to "eat additional points by swapping it out for exercise". 

Again for me ... WW just comes in for accountability of the "official" weigh-in and also to gain encouragement and motivation from the meetings when I have the need to be inspired. 

Nancy
"Learn from Yesterday.  Live for Today.  Hope for Tomorrow" - Albet Einstein

turningpoint
on 4/10/11 7:53 pm

Thanks for a great post!  I needed an incentive to get straight as I haven't been to the gym since November!  It's time to get moving again.  I also have let some unhealthy foods get to my circulation in my daily life and need to find better options for those.  I had my first real gain of 6 lbs and managed to knock back 3 of them last week, this week, I need to tackle the other 3!

Maintenance is much harder than I thought it would be, you really have to stay up on the mental side of the game.

Emily
HW/SW/GW/CW
249/236/135/133.6  
Excellent!  Glad that you got control of the gain before it spiraled too far out.  Start out slow, however, make a firm commitment to yourself to get in exercise twice this week and then STICK to it.  I will never profess to love to exercise, however, I do like seeing the definition of my little baby muscles

Keeping our heads mentally in the game will forever be a challenge for most of us.  When I don't feel like exercising, I think of my cousin Alicia who was diagnosed with MS when we were in our 20s.  Now in her mid 40's, sometimes she has to be in a wheelchair, has difficultly moving her legs, etc.  Unfortunately, Alicia does NOT have control on her body, however,  ... we do. 

Nancy
"Learn from Yesterday.  Live for Today.  Hope for Tomorrow" - Albet Einstein

Stephanie M.
on 4/11/11 3:44 am
awesome post!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Most Active