JRinBKLYN
on 4/9/11 1:10 pm
Lap Band on 03/07/11 with

Hello Everybody  

My name is Jackie and I live in NY, I am a newbie to  this site, I've already had my Laproscopic Surgery (Lap band) on March 7, 2011, I went in weighing 267 and as of today April 9th bare naked I weigh 245. WOOHOO    Anywho I'm already eating solid foods and going through turmoils, this is also a rollercoaster ride filled with emotions, I never knew that you can mourn for food. How sad   .      Any way this is my first of many posts to come. Hoping to find new friends to support and get support from......Enjoy your day or night.........
 Blessings to you all Jackie

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/11 1:30 pm - Chicago, IL
Hi there Jackie! congrats on your surgery! Im sure everything will be fine:)

I never thought about the mourning for food part. I can easily see how that would affect someone. Are you finding yourself to have cravings?
I cant wait to get where you are! Thats sso exciting that you lost that much weight already. I think aany amount of weight loss when you are MO is wonderful and great for your body as well. :)

Well keep up the good work and lots of luck!!!

:)
Michaela
Kate -True Brit
on 4/9/11 6:22 pm - UK

Hi Jackie! Glad it is going well for you.

You will find more bandsters post on the lapband forum than on this board (go to Forums, Surgery types, lapband). So this board is great to meet people with all sorts of wls - we are all in the same boat! But for band specific issues you will get more info on the other board.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Dionysus
on 4/9/11 11:48 pm
spedcon
on 4/10/11 12:02 am
Hi Jackie! Nice to meet you! Yes, mourning food is for real. I now miss eating as much of a food as I want. I also miss carby things like biscuits and gravy, dumplings, egg rolls, breads and other things I won't torture us with. I can still eat a bit of most anything but I usually avoid those foods.

My best friend had a band and I know you guys don't do well with most breads and quite a few meats give her issues. Problem for her are the easy to eat foods which are really bad. Salads, raw veggies and grilled meats (white chicken) can really hurt her stomach and she vomits easily.

You are doing well! I'm sure you feel better already. Way to go!!      Connie
JRinBKLYN
on 4/12/11 1:12 am
Lap Band on 03/07/11 with
 Hello to everyone.

Thanks so much for the kudos given and the response to my post,

Michaela, you will do fine if you haven't had your surgery yet. We are all moving in the right direction for the same goal.

Kate, thank you for directing me to the place where I should be, I hope to have you all as friends, and gain new ones as well in the Band section.

Dionsys, Congrats to you too WOW you've been here since 2007, God Bless. Hope to have the courage, strength, and stamina that you  posess,Kudos to you.

Connie, Thanks, and tell your friend that instead of eating house salads, she shoulf shredded her lettuces musch easier to eat, I actually do fish soft tacos with shredded lettuce and salsa , very easy to eat and as long as she is chewing, chewing and chewing her food she should feel better, 

Thanks again to you all. Have a good night or a great day.

Blessings to you all Jackie

Most Active