My 565 lbs weight loss surgery journey!!!!!! Videos

luciawlj
on 4/23/11 8:53 am - United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

My name is Lucia, I am 26 years old and live in London and I currently weigh 565 lbs. I have decided to vlog about my weight and my journey to surgery and beyond.  I would love you guys to watch some of my videos and follow my journey.
I would appreciate advice and wisedom you have to offer.

http://www.youtube.com/user/luciawlj?feature=mhum#p/u/6/PduC nLDjS6w

Thanks all,

Lucia

Kathleen W.
on 4/23/11 9:04 am - Lancaster, PA
Congratulations on your decision!  It will literary change your life for the better.    What kind wls are you having?  That would help with any kind of advice  we can help you with.  You made the right first step for asking.
A quick question for you.  Is London really going crazy with the upcoming wedding?  I wish I could be there right.   I've been there twice and attempting to save enough money to go back.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

luciawlj
on 4/23/11 8:23 pm - United Kingdom
I originally wanted to have the DS surgery but my surgeon advised me to have Gastric bypass I believe RNY.
Im yet to get a scheduled date.
London is going mad, everyone is so excited, the children get the day off school, I think im one of the few people who are not really bothered about the whole thing.
What is it that you like about London?
Heather :o)
on 4/23/11 9:59 pm
On April 24, 2011 at 3:23 AM Pacific Time, luciawlj wrote:
I originally wanted to have the DS surgery but my surgeon advised me to have Gastric bypass I believe RNY.
Im yet to get a scheduled date.
London is going mad, everyone is so excited, the children get the day off school, I think im one of the few people who are not really bothered about the whole thing.
What is it that you like about London?
Congrats on your decision to have WLS. Question though....why wouldn't your surgeon agree to a DS? If thats what you wanted and most likely will have to most successful outcome, maybe you should change surgeons? Just my .02 cents.

Good luck!
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
Dionysus
on 4/23/11 10:54 pm
Kathleen W.
on 4/24/11 1:17 am - Lancaster, PA

There are several things.  The underground is superior to the transportation we have in this country, especially in NYC ( a nightmare).  The theater is more accessible and and a greater variety styles- musicals, dramas, and comedies.The sense of history that permeates the city.  The last is that Britain is my great grandfathers' family home.  They came from Hull.  Whenever my brothers,sister, or I get to go over,  we use London as a home base.
I had an Rny because of my size.  I was over 300 lbs. It cured my diabetes and high cholesterol levels.  My sleep apnea level has come down quite a bit.  I still have to talk to my pulminologist to have a sleep study done to see if I can come off my cpap. Having said that,  the best suggestion I can make is to start working on your eating patterns now.  That is eating healthier so your body has all the nutrients that it needs. It would also give you a head start for when you are able to eat regular food.  It would help with the wls.  What you do now will make it easier after wards.  After you have rny,  don't get upset when you can't get all your fluids and protein right away.  That's going to take time to build up.  There were many times in the very beginning I couldn't get it down.  Be prepared for really fast weight loss.  Also, don't be afraid when you have a stall.  They're very common because your body needs time to readjust. Please don't forget that this is a work in progress.  There is no magical time table that you have to meet.  You and your body will be doing what is best for you.  And, as long as you keep working towards your goal,  you'll be fine.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

(deactivated member)
on 4/24/11 4:14 am - San Jose, CA
Mr. Patel is the go-to DS surgeon in London, from what I hear.
BuckeyeGirl
on 4/23/11 9:18 am, edited 4/23/11 9:19 am - TN
Hi Lucia! Saw your vlog, thanks for sharing!

I know at the time of the video you had not received a surgery date, but do you have one now?

Anyway, best of luck to you and I can't wait to hear about all of your success!

Lindsey

luciawlj
on 4/23/11 8:25 pm - United Kingdom
Unfortunately i still have no date, I have been chasing it up this week and apparently they are just waiting for some forms to be returned by my GP and that is the final step before funding is approved.
So im hoping to get a call soon (fingers crossed x)
Lisarn1
on 4/23/11 10:41 am - Raleigh, NC
Lucia!!! Love the vlog and love that you have made such a life changing decision! Just continue to do your research. Anything you can do to begin to change your habits now will help after the surgery. I believe that if you start making healthier food choices now, it will be easier on your body later on. BTW, I adore London, though my jet lag the last time I was there made the memory of my trip a blur. Hubby is from Edinbourgh, I so come across as much as we can.  
Good Luck!

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

Most Active